Eagles Offseason Thread (HAPPY NEW league YEAR!: Year of the Champions)

WeaponX

5 hours ago, Eagles $5$ said:

I don't want Vikings to sign Cousins... I think they would become the favorites next season coming out of the NFC if they do. 

I would much rather he goes to AFC to be honest. Broncos, Bills, Jets would be my choice.  

I'm not scared of Cousins. He is average at best.

A couple interesting articles:

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2018/3/6/17087710/brent-celek-eagles-tight-end-retire-offseason-philadelphia-cap-room-space-zach-ertz-trey-burton-nfl

Looks like Celek isn't going to retire. 

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2018/3/6/17087268/nfl-insider-suggests-eagles-trade-defensive-back-ronald-darby-jalen-mills-rasul-douglas-philadelphia

Rumor that the Eagles will trade a DB. With the article speculating Ronald Darby being the most likely candidate. Not sure how I feel about that. None of them are particular expensive against the cap.

17 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Not anyone significant. After some trades and cuts and restructures. They Eagles will have some cap space to play with.

So gonna be a boring offseason.. nice. Its how champions do it. Live a few offseasons like everyone wont so we can live the rest of the off seasons like they can't... as champions

Just now, eagles18 said:

So gonna be a boring offseason.. nice. Its how champions do it. Live a few offseasons like everyone wont so we can live the rest of the off seasons like they can't... as champions

Some Random Team: Yeah we signed Kirk Cousins for a billion dollars!

Us: The-Eagles-win-Super-Bowl-LII_2_1.jpg?fo

4 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

A couple interesting articles:

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2018/3/6/17087710/brent-celek-eagles-tight-end-retire-offseason-philadelphia-cap-room-space-zach-ertz-trey-burton-nfl

Looks like Celek isn't going to retire. 

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2018/3/6/17087268/nfl-insider-suggests-eagles-trade-defensive-back-ronald-darby-jalen-mills-rasul-douglas-philadelphia

Rumor that the Eagles will trade a DB. With the article speculating Ronald Darby being the most likely candidate. Not sure how I feel about that. None of them are particular expensive against the cap.

Happy about the first.

Skeptical about the second. 

Yea I don't really care what team signs Kirk...if they sign him for the crazy numbers reported it's gonna really hurt their team in the not too distant future..especially a team like the Vikings.

I do see that logic though...but whos to say Flip doesnt really push for Foles if they lose out?

Rumor I heard was Kirk was gonna take his time and go tour the team's facilities and meet them before choosing. 
So if they do that and the Vikings try to put Keenum/Teddy/Sam in a holding pattern...who's to say they don't all leave?

At which point your contending team is over a barrel without a QB

14 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

if the eagles were at full health we beat that team by 50 why you scurred?

I mean unless zimmer is going to somehow become a better coach than Doug and not get put on the corner to make doug his money every time they face off then no worries.

Never know what shape we'll be in late December. 

Would prefer if the Vikings didn't get Cousins. If they do, they aren't unstoppable but they are better.

However if they give him 30M/year, guessing they may lose pieces elsewhere? Not sure on there cap situation.

24 minutes ago, mm6492 said:

Would prefer if the Vikings didn't get Cousins. If they do, they aren't unstoppable but they are better.

However if they give him 30M/year, guessing they may lose pieces elsewhere? Not sure on there cap situation.

For some reason, I never really thought the Vikings were amazing this year. They're a team that screams regression to me if things stay the same. But if they add a better QB (Cousins) and a few other pieces, they could be right back. 

They have a ton of cap room according to Spotrac. 48 million in space according to this: http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/minnesota-vikings/cap/

They're getting Cook back. And with a legit QB, those weapons become even better. God forbid Treadwell start producing. They need to lock up Diggs and Kendricks this coming year so there goes their money. But that's a good team. 

33 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

They're getting Cook back. And with a legit QB, those weapons become even better. God forbid Treadwell start producing. They need to lock up Diggs and Kendricks this coming year so there goes their money. But that's a good team. 

They need to resign Barr, Kendricks, Hunter, Waynes, and Diggs in the next 2 years... 

But just for next year, if they sign Cousins I don't see how people can say they aren't going to be scary. I still think we can beat them with Wentz healthy, but they are going to be one of the best teams in the league. They are loaded on both side of the ball, they have cap space and draft picks.

Archived