The Reuben Foster Legal File Thread

J-ALL-DAY

30 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

I wouldn't be surprised if we went heavy at linebacker drafted a few.

No need to go LB heavy, but definitely need one either in the first or second round. 

We have other pressing needs where loading up at LB doesn't really make sense. I rather load up on edge guys and hope one of them hits. 

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

No need to go LB heavy, but definitely need one either in the first or second round. 

We have other pressing needs where loading up at LB doesn't really make sense. I rather load up on edge guys and hope one of them hits. 

I love your last idea. Loading up on edge rushers. I advocated doing that for teams that need QBs, and I think it is even better for pass rush. If we draft 3 or 4, they're only competing with Harold, Pita, Attaochu...I like this. Take one early, take a few gambles late. Teach all the gambles Special Teams. 

And there are more than a few very good LBs in this draft. We may not even need to draft Smith or Edmunds early as there is still Vander Esch/Evans/etc that could be had in the late 1st or 2nd round. I think we should definitely look to trade down if possible and accumulate more draft picks. 

Roquan Smith, come on down!

The stories that we had were much milder than this. I don't think they would accuse him of these things if the claims weren't substantiated. This is so much worse than we were led to expect. Bye bye, Reuben. Try not to get stingers in the line for lunch.

49ers statement

"The 49ers organization is aware of today's disturbing charges regarding Reuben Foster," the 49ers said via a statement issued to the media. "We will continue to follow this serious matter. Reuben is aware that his place in our organization is under great scrutiny and will depend on what is learned through the legal process."

http://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/115176-release-statement-following-felony-domestic-charges-against-foster/

10 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

L-O-L, they don't want to release this man and are giving him the benefit of the doubt....the benefit of the doubt that he doesn't deserve. I know he is a great talent Lynch, but just move on. 

I'd bet they already know what they're going to do with him. If they intend on cutting him, they won't do it today, it would only make them look like they were caught off guard and didn't know what was happening. They can just wait some more and release him eventually. No hurry, there.

17 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

L-O-L, they don't want to release this man and are giving him the benefit of the doubt....the benefit of the doubt that he doesn't deserve. I know he is a great talent Lynch, but just move on. 

It could be just as simple as waiting for league discipline to get out of the guaranteed portion of the deal. Trite, I know, but it's probably something playing in their mind. I think if we release him before any formal league discipline is done, we may still be on the hook for the guarantee...if he's punished under league conduct, I believe the clause kicks in and we can terminate the guarantees. I'm not sure how that all works - was brought up in the news thread. 

agreed forge,

There is money in play with this decision, They may go ahead and draft a linebacker at 9 (which I SINCERELY HOPE they do) and hold on to foster to see if what the league will do pending his trial ...then cut him loose after the league levees its punishment. Of course it could be a moot point if he get any of those potential 11 years in prison. 

He did say in the article that even if a quarter of the allegations are true he needs to be released and it is important to see if he will be with the team on Monday when they report for workouts. If he is, then he probably stays on the team.....Lynch and the crew are playing a dangerous game here. 

4 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

If you count the Leo as a LB then we play 4 LBs and don't have a really good one out of the four, leaving Foster out of the equation. It's not that we don't have a pro bowler there. We have the like of Eli Harold, Brock Coyle, Korey Toomer, Elijah Lee, Dekoda Watson, and a whole bunch of guys that I challenge you to even name.  We could definitely use a Leo, or two, and a couple of good LBs. Of course we have other needs too. But name me a position group on our roster that has less talent than our LB corps.

4 hours ago, rudyZ said:

Roquan Smith, come on down!

The stories that we had were much milder than this. I don't think they would accuse him of these things if the claims weren't substantiated. This is so much worse than we were led to expect. Bye bye, Reuben. Try not to get stingers in the line for lunch.

Yeah. I had heard that he "evicted" his gf using excessive force, might have hurt her in the process.  The charges today say he punched her in the head 8 to 10 times and ruptured her eardrum. They'll let the dust settle and look into the "allegations" - now criminal charges. If substantiated he's gone altogether, not suspended for a few games. That's why I think LB suddenly became a lot bigger need.

Archived