49ers LB Reuben Foster arrested for domestic violence

Apparition

8 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

I think they should have learned their lesson about drafting a LB (non pass rush) in the first round.  It's a notch above WR and guard as a position.  If they use their first on an ILB to replace Foster, Lynch isn't as smart as I thought he was. 

Have you seen our LB core?

16 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

I think they should have learned their lesson about drafting a LB (non pass rush) in the first round.  It's a notch above WR and guard as a position.  If they use their first on an ILB to replace Foster, Lynch isn't as smart as I thought he was. 

Don't be dumb.  Outside of QB, DE and O/D Tackles, LB (regardless of pass rush or not) is an incredibly touted position to draft for.

24 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Bad opinion is bad.

Just now, Super4 said:

Don't be dumb.  Outside of QB, DE and O/D Tackles, LB (regardless of pass rush or not) is an incredibly touted position to draft for.

If you're playing football in 1990 maybe.  Since 2000?  38 non-pass rushing linebackers have been drafted in round one.  That's 6 percent.  NFL teams must be dumb.

8 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

If you're playing football in 1990 maybe.  Since 2000?  38 non-pass rushing linebackers have been drafted in round one.  That's 6 percent.  NFL teams must be dumb.

Show me numbers and the players, because that looks to me like an average of about 2 taken per year since 2000.

Just now, Super4 said:

Show me numbers and the players.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/psl_finder.cgi?request=1&match=single&draft=1&year_min=2000&year_max=2017&season_start=1&season_end=1&pos[]=ilb&pos[]=olb&pos[]=lb&draft_year_min=1936&draft_year_max=2017&draft_round_min=1&draft_round_max=1&draft_slot_min=1&draft_slot_max=500&draft_pick_in_round=pick_overall&conference=any&draft_pos[]=ilb&draft_pos[]=olb&draft_pos[]=lb&c5val=1.0&order_by=tackles_solo

You'll have to sort through and remove all the pass rushers yourself.  There were so few results I had to add ILB, LB and OLB to the query.  You're getting a few freebies, too, because players like Reddick should really be called dimebackers instead of linebackers.

Bottom line, teams don't draft linebackers high anymore.  It's a passing league, and inside linebackers are a luxury.  They're coming off the field on most 2nd and 3rd downs, so they're literally losing a good third of their value.  But I'm dumb according to you, so what do I know? 

Archived