BDL Discussion Thread 2018

Jlash

Gentlemen,

I am going to be completely honest. I'm very upset. I made it very clear that I would walk away from this league if something similar to the Nacho situation happened again, and I'm feeling very similarly here. 

We had two people claim a rule and say it's "always been that way" which is a clear fabrication. What if Ted hadn't scoured the old forum? We would literally have people making up rules and reasons and they'd just be accepted. There is very clearly a subset of this league that is more important than others and I'm super uncool with that. 

Ive said before that everyone in the league ought to be involved, and making up a rule that happens to be self-serving and having someone support that made up rule is simply unacceptable. The rules should always be left to the governing body of everyone if they're not clear or written down. 

I am going to follow my two-day rule here. I'm going to spend two days away from BDL and I will see how I feel at that moment, but at this moment I believe it's best for me to leave this league behind. 

• Like 1

And honestly, I'm rather annoyed that you think I was just making something up to change the rule without a vote.  I was wrong about a rule.  It's happened before and will happen again.  But accusing me of malicious intent over a mistake is uncalled for and unnecessary.

38 minutes ago, Whicker said:

Gentlemen,

I am going to be completely honest. I'm very upset. I made it very clear that I would walk away from this league if something similar to the Nacho situation happened again, and I'm feeling very similarly here. 

We had two people claim a rule and say it's "always been that way" which is a clear fabrication. What if Ted hadn't scoured the old forum? We would literally have people making up rules and reasons and they'd just be accepted. There is very clearly a subset of this league that is more important than others and I'm super uncool with that. 

Ive said before that everyone in the league ought to be involved, and making up a rule that happens to be self-serving and having someone support that made up rule is simply unacceptable. The rules should always be left to the governing body of everyone if they're not clear or written down. 

I am going to follow my two-day rule here. I'm going to spend two days away from BDL and I will see how I feel at that moment, but at this moment I believe it's best for me to leave this league behind. 

Peace 

38 minutes ago, Whicker said:

Shotgun.

1 minute ago, Jlash said:

Hopefully in 2 days we can all agree it was just a misunderstanding.

Not sure what the fuss is, Ted corrected the issue by posting the rule I thought.  That said, the guidelines need to be more detailed to cover this.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ny92mike said:

Not sure what the fuss is, Ted corrected the issue by posting the rule I thought.  That said, the guidelines need to be more detailed to cover this.

It is corrected, to everyone except one person. No harm was done, no ruling was made. A question was asked and a couple people thought they knew the answer, but before any of it could be cleared up we had a blow up and then were given a 2 day timeout. Hopefully after those 2 days, we can all agree no one was wronged.

Also no clue what the Nacho situation was, but this ain't it.

Just now, Jlash said:

It is corrected, to everyone except one person. No harm was done, no ruling was made. A question was asked and a couple people thought they knew the answer, but before any of it could be cleared up we had a blow up and then were given a 2 day timeout. Hopefully after those 2 days, we can all agree no one was wronged.

Also no clue what the Nacho situation was, but this ain't it.

Right.  I'm sure it'll sort itself out.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SwoleXmad said:

If Whicker quits, dibs on his team.

Like I get it, but what rags said is 100% accurate it has happened, will continue to happen because we're human. 

And awful of keeping track of the rules  

Then I want your team with Mahomes