BDL Discussion Thread 2018

Jlash

8 minutes ago, Hockey5djh said:

He's actually a II but whoever is filling in the draft sheet listed him as a Smith instead of a Jones and a third instead of a Junior (or II as he lists on his jersey)

Its me.  I'll fix it.  I mixed guys up.

Dingo Draft Grades Round 3:

3.1 - Cuba Smugglers - Ronnie Harrison, S, Alabama - Another secondary player why am I not surprised, Ronnie Harrison is the 3rd best safety in this class depending on who you consider a safety but still this is a really good pick and helps to lay the foundation for Cuba's new secondary, sucks Harrison has to be deported to Cuba but oh well. A grade.

3.2 - Orlando Ospreys - Connor Williams, OL, Texas - Makes sense given Orlando has a few FAs on their o-line next year and Williams is a solid OT prospect....still this is a bit high for him fits more about 10 picks later but it's fine. C+ grade.

3.3 - Oklahoma City Rejects - James Daniels, C, Iowa - This is a pretty good pick I had Daniels at 37 on my BB so this pick is a solid value and helps fill a need for Whicker given his horrible issues last year. B+ grade.

3.4 - Long Beach Leprechauns - Taven Bryan, DL, Florida - I had Bryan as a top 12 player so this is a bloody steal, was tempted to snag him at 2.9 as well trade up was pretty good value as well, props to Counselor for making the best pick in the draft so far IMO. A+ grade.

3.5 - Orlando Ospreys - Frank Ragnow, C, Arkansas - Another questionable o-line pick for Orlando I'd prefer another C if you're taking an injured player (Ankle Injury for Ragnow) but I get this pick from a needs perspective still this is a big reach over superior players especially considering Orlando could've taken Daniels before Whicker . C- grade.

3.6 - Portland Horned Bowls - Will Hernandez, G, Utep - The lineman Orlando should've taken after before Williams or Ragnow, this is a solid pick that addresses Portland's biggest weakness on offense and gives them a potential rookie starter on day 1, Feel like Portland should've traded down to get extra picks if that was possible considering this was their only pick this draft but eh. B+ grade.

3.7 - Seoul Dragons -  Justin Reid, S, Stanford - Not too crazy about Reid as a prospect but he's a solid get here. B- grade.

3.8 - Oklahoma City Rejects - Billy Price, OG/C, OSU - Price IMO was a 1st round lock prior to the pectoral tear, he's a 2nd rounder now because of that but there's no doubt he was the top interior lineman in this class before that injury trade up was good value as well. The only reason this isn't an A+ is because of price's injury and the fact he may not recover until his second season (Ala Sidney Jones). A grade.

3.9 - Gotham Gashslayers - Hayden Hurst, TE South Carolina - Tried to trade back into the draft for this guy unsuccessfully, think he's worth a RL 1st rounder this is some good value. A grade.

3.10 -  Hawaii Nightmares - Mike Hughes, Cornerback, UCF - Considered him at 2.10 went with the slightly better CB, suprised he lasted this long. B+ grade.

3.11 - Camden Hoodrodents -  Courtland Sutton, WR  SMU - Was my no.2 WR for most of the draft process, a fine replacement for Mike Evans as well. B+ grade.

3.12 - Orlando Ospreys - Ronald Jones, RB, USC - Over Sony Michel? I guess we all have our weird preferences for inferior players still this is a solid pick that replaces David Johnson. B grade.

3.13 - Ivory Coast Black Rhino - Maurice Hurst, Defensive Tackle, Michigan - Heart issues are always scary and Hurst should probably be fine but stll there's some risk to this pick even though he's a top 25 talent. C+ grade.

3.14 - Hawaii Nightmares - Christian Kirk, WR, Texas A&M - Don't like Kirk all that much but he was no.30 on my BB so this is god value and Hawaii could use another WR or three. B+ grade.

3.15 - Camden Hoodrodents -  Darius Leonard, LB, SC State - Top 65 player for me this is about his range not a ton of fvalue here though, could've waited a bit. B- grade.

3.16 - Camden Hoodrodents  - Sony "Playstation" Michel, RB, Georgia - I had Michel as a top 26 player so this is some pretty good value, Lord knows Camden could use a RB that isn't made out of glass still he has fumbling issues. B+ grade.

Best Pick: 3.4 Long Beach Leprechauns - Taven Bryan, DL, Florida - Not much to say here but Counselor is clearly using some kind of witchcraft to get such good value.

Worst Pick: 3.13 - Ivory Coast Black Rhino - Maurice Hurst, Defensive Tackle, Michigan - While I gave Orlando the worst grade, in the spirit of mocking everyone fairly I'll give the Rhinos the worst pick here, I love the value but hate the downside to the this pick.