BDL Discussion Thread 2018

Jlash

Just now, RuskieTitan said:

Work for a financial corporation, they are pretty stingy when it comes to what we can actually download and email, etc.

I tried to forward my W-2 info from work to my home email so I could file my taxes and it blocked it because it contained a S.S. number. Nevermind that it was my own lol.

that sounds like a no...lol

According to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, the Chiefs "were pushing to trade for" Rams OLB Robert Quinn in talks around CB Marcus Peters, but Quinn is unlikely to be part of the package.

Quinn, 28 in May, was once one of the most feared pass rushers in the sport after accumulating 40 sacks from 2012-2014, but he missed a bunch of time to injury in 2015 and 2016 before notching 8.5 sacks in his first year as a 3-4 outside linebacker under DC Wade Phillips last year. There's been some chatter the Rams could release him, which would clear over $11.4 million in cap space. But since they weren't willing to make Quinn part of the trade for Peters, it sounds like Quinn will be back in L.A. Draft picks are expected to go to Kansas City.

That's really weird timing. 

1 minute ago, OleXmad said:

According to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, the Chiefs "were pushing to trade for" Rams OLB Robert Quinn in talks around CB Marcus Peters, but Quinn is unlikely to be part of the package.

Quinn, 28 in May, was once one of the most feared pass rushers in the sport after accumulating 40 sacks from 2012-2014, but he missed a bunch of time to injury in 2015 and 2016 before notching 8.5 sacks in his first year as a 3-4 outside linebacker under DC Wade Phillips last year. There's been some chatter the Rams could release him, which would clear over $11.4 million in cap space. But since they weren't willing to make Quinn part of the trade for Peters, it sounds like Quinn will be back in L.A. Draft picks are expected to go to Kansas City.

Haha yea that's pretty crazy.

While it is quiet, I had a look at the BDL Standings I was previously working on and had a breakthrough on head to head ranking in division tables! 

Feel free to test in anger. You should only be able to edit cells in the Schedule (Columns C to F) and Divisions (A and E) tabs.

If we are happy the division ranking is correct, I can put in extra tabs to determine playoff seeding and Waiver order, making everything automated.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1l4xggXnyt7NxAiPTuVTCFHB1nl4sttlu036zh6RKSMA/edit?usp=sharing

Edit: I have copies so you can't break anything!!!!

Edited by Taylor091
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Taylor091 said:

While it is quiet, I had a look at the BDL Standings I was previously working on and had a breakthrough on head to head ranking in division tables! 

Feel free to test in anger. You should only be able to edit cells in the Schedule (Columns C to F) and Divisions (A and E) tabs.

If we are happy the division ranking is correct, I can put in extra tabs to determine playoff seeding and Waiver order, making everything automated.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1l4xggXnyt7NxAiPTuVTCFHB1nl4sttlu036zh6RKSMA/edit?usp=sharing

Something that works?!?!?  Let's get rid of it!

1 hour ago, Taylor091 said:

Damn Taylor look at you go!

3 hours ago, OleXmad said:

Quinn has a $1.1M roster bonus due on the 3rd day of the league year. If he's traded before then then KC would pick up the hit. Not too odd IMO.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, SirA1 said:

Quinn has a $1.1M roster bonus due on the 3rd day of the league year. If he's traded before then then KC would pick up the hit. Not too odd IMO.

I think he was calling it odd because two BDL teams just tried to trade the same players for each other.

10 hours ago, Taylor091 said:

Why isn't the OP in the Negotiations thread the open trade items? makes it easier for the trade committee

PS, not a fan of this years draft.

There are some good players but a lot of average ones as well.