BDL Discussion Thread 2018

Jlash

2 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

well, before very recently, it only affected two games and not outcome related

The most important thing here. But it’s nice to put us on alert for a potential issue in future weeks. Anyone feels compelled to say their opinion feel free to and move past it.

15 minutes ago, Hockey5djh said:

I still voted for Hawaii to win. I believe that Ben Watson could handle Jerry Hughes one on one and that the outside run game to the opposite side and the quick hitting passes to the RBs and curls to Antonio Brown, Stefon Diggs, and Pierre Garcon are more than enough to outscore DeShaun Watson's overrated play.

...or that I'm a homer and believe that Hawaii will win every game (or refuse to allow the shutout), your choice.

My bad man...fixed.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

well, before very recently, it only affected two games and not outcome related

I'm quoting you but I'm not arguing with you. This is for all of those who are involved. 

Even if a situation isn't a direct problem at that exact moment, doesn't mean it shouldn't be addressed. If Nacho's votes are called into question, we all should know about it BEFORE it affects any outcomes. Tell us right away future Nacho votes won't be counted for this reason. It's not like this is the only week we BDL and if you just sweep it under the rug this week doesn't mean it won't come up again later, even if it's a different member. 

Edited by Whicker
I don't proofread when I'm angry
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, MD4L said:

The most important thing here. But it’s nice to put us on alert for a potential issue in future weeks. Anyone feels compelled to say their opinion feel free to and move past it.

Disagree. The outcome really isn't important at all

12 minutes ago, Whicker said:

Disagree. The outcome really isn't important at all

If a random vote is the difference between a victory and we decide to do something about after the voting periods is huge to me. I’m glad it’s been made aware of so folks whom check in later are made aware. 

Ok to clarify that.

I alerted bcb Rags and Jlash on Monday that Nacho voted in 2 games only. Against Mike and against me. We both left NSFL which made me think there was foul play. Since it didn't affect the outcome of the games (or I thought it wouldn't as I expected Mike and I to win) I only said we should keep it in mind for the rest of the season and see if it happened again. I didn't put it in the thread because I wanted to see if this was a coincidence or a pattern, and I didn't want to call out someone, especially a respected mod, for something that could be nothing. Sorry for the lack of transparency I hope you will understand a bit more now.

I understand now that Nacho did place additional votes and that it affected the Rome/Singap result. Which changes the nature of the beast. I will think it through. 

@bcb1213 maybe we delay waivers until Thu to review the issue?

3 minutes ago, MD4L said:

If a random vote is the difference between a victory and we decide to do something about after the voting periods is huge to me. I’m glad it’s been made aware of so folks whom check in later are made aware. 

3 minutes ago, MD4L said:

I'm confused. That's exactly what's going on right now. 

5 minutes ago, Whicker said:

I'm confused. That's exactly what's going on right now. 

Bcb saying the votes weren’t outcome related insinuates the results of the two games theKillerNacho voted on were decided by more than one vote. 

1 minute ago, MD4L said:

Bcb saying the votes weren’t outcome related insinuates the results of the two games theKillerNacho voted on were decided by more than one vote. 

He voted for two guys who have NSFL teams and against two guys who left.  The only game he actually affected was Singapore-Rome.

Just now, Ragnarok said:

He voted for two guys who have NSFL teams and against two guys who left.  The only game he actually affected was Singapore-Rome.

I like the clarity on said situation. If he is unwilling to comment on why he voted the four teams (and didn’t vote in games which don’t involve NSFL members) then it makes to respectfully remove his votes from the final count. 

I’m one opinion on the matter, so I look forward to what other members think of said situation.