BDL Discussion Thread 2018

Jlash

Just now, ny92mike said:

It looked like you were out to get us or possibly playing favorites with the gentlemen still assigned to your sim.  Casting your vote against the two members that had recently left and for the two still active in your sim and the timing of the vote seemed suspect, you've got to admit.  Now, if it was all just a set of events that fell in place with no rhyme or reason I sincerely apologize.  In the future, please, with sugar on top, give the game plans a serious lookover before casting your vote. 

Thanks

Will do... Additionally, I made a note of which teams are yours, Ted's, Ruskie's and Whicker's and do not plan to vote on any games that involve those teams... I don't want to be blamed if I vote for them/against them again so it's better I just avoid them. I'll also avoid voting on Hawaii's games since it seems EaglesPeteC is involved with that team.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Eh, after thinking about it, maybe its best I just don't vote at all and just disregard all my votes this week. As I said, don't wanna cause you guys any more trouble.

We want as many people as we can get to vote!

• Like 1

Just now, TheKillerNacho said:

Yeah I get that but I already kinda ****ed up by voting for the Rhinos and there are some people who don't trust me here so I don't want to make anything awkward.

Just post a quick reasoning behind why you picked who you picked. That's all. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Oh dear. Let me first say that I was completely blindsided when Ragnorak messaged me. Had no idea I had caused you guys any problems, so sorry for that. I really should've checked you guys' voting policies more closely but I was kinda just bored browsing one evening when I saw the first BDL games up so I jumped in a couple and voted. Let me clarify that I honestly don't know whose teams are whose. The first one I voted on I think was the Ivory Coast Black Rhinos and to be honest, the whole reason I clicked on it and voted on that team was I liked their name. So yeah, you should definitely disregard that vote. I was also partially intoxicated when I was voting. I then went into another game and voted after browsing through the rosters. I didn't really do anything more than skim through the game plans, basing my vote almost entirely on the rosters themselves.

SirA1 messaged me about something yesterday evening (regarding the BDL but unrelated to any Week 1 game), and thanked me for voting on a couple games, so I decided I'd vote on a couple more games since I was kinda sick at the time and just trying to do stuff while the insomnia fades away. Again, I probably did not give them the complete thought I should've, I just kinda looked at the rosters and voted based on that, only skimming through the game plans. I don't think I spent more than a couple minutes on each, and I probably chose the games I voted on by which games had the teams with the coolest team names (I did not base these votes on the coolest team name though... the only one I did that was the Ivory Coast Black Rhinos cause that made me LOL). I did vote on the teams I thought were the best, but again, I probably did not give it as much thought as you guys would typically want from voters so I sincerely apologize..

I am kinda hurt that @TedLavieand @ny92mike would think I was trying to purposefully vote against them out of malice or something... I know how the votes look, but I have a tremoundous amount of respect for both of them and thankful for their contributions in the NGDL. Ted was very up front how the league wasn't really his thing, something I completely respect, and mike is still involved in the NGDL as a Co-owner (to my knowledge) and we had some interesting PMs in the past about spreadsheets and programming - all those things. Even though they aren't owners in the NGDL anymore, they completely have my respect and you guys should know I would never try to troll you or what not. And if you guys thought this, I kinda wish you would've came to me about it. I honestly didnt' even know whose teams were whose, now it seems like one giant unfortunate coincidence.

In general I have a great respect for the BDL as the other flagship league on this forum, and think it compliments the NGDL perfectly due to the differences each league offers. Especially since the leagues are active at different times (BDL during the NFL season, NGDL during the offseason only). Additionally You guys have been awesome and fairly autonomous on this forum and this league is really, really cool. I would never intend to undermine you guys or anything.

Definitely feel free to disregard my votes this week - as I said, the first I voted for a reason I definitely shouldn't have voted on, and the others I didn't really take into account the game plans, merely skimming them. I'll make sure if I vote on other BDL matches this season to put more thought into who I'm voting for. I do understand that one of my votes decided a game... If you guys want and will allow for it, I could look into that game again including the game plans and perhaps recast my vote for that one? I don't want someone to lose because I cast a vote while I was sick and trying to occupy my mind before falling asleep... Iirc my reason for voting the particular way I did on that game was because I felt the team I voted for had a tremoundous defense and a great front 7 for stopping Todd Gurley, and I was not impressed by Drew Brees' receiving options.

Sorry again gents - keep up the fantastic work with this. I'll try not to cause you guys any more trouble, lol.

all lies! you can't fool me! jet fuel can't melt steel beams!

• Like 2

Okay, I want a confirmation from the rulings committee that they will operate with transparency as Bcb has so claimed you all desire.

Think about if this were the trade committee. A couple members of the league PM among themselves and announce that they are going to veto a trade. How would that look? Does anyone think that'd be okay?

A similar thing happened here. I woke up, saw a post asking in thread if we have a rule about comments from non-members. Then, I saw a post that said there were "extenuating circumstances" and "I'll tell you via PM." Then, I have someone asking what to do now that the scores have been changed and an entire outcome of a game was different. Do you all not see how shady that looks?

Look at how the 75% rule was determined. People put their thoughts about it in thread, non ruling-committee members got their say, and then the rulings committee voted. Why that isn't the precedent is completely beyond me.

11 minutes ago, Whicker said:

A couple members of the league PM among themselves and announce that they are going to veto a trade. How would that look? Does anyone think that'd be okay?

You know we have a trade committee that does this, right?

3 minutes ago, Jlash said:

You know we have a trade committee that does this, right?

Uh no. The trade committee does its work in the trade thread. Concerns and arguments about the Wilson trade were done in thread for everyone to see the process. 

If this isn't true and the trade committee is PMing each other to decide on trades, then I'm done. Seriously. That's too shady for me. 

Just now, Whicker said:

Uh no. The trade committee does its work in the trade thread. Concerns and arguments about the Wilson trade were done in thread for everyone to see the process. 

If this isn't true and the trade committee is PMing each other to decide on trades, then I'm done. Seriously. That's too shady for me. 

Man, you are blowing this entirely out of proportion. And no, no one is PM'ing each other about veto'ing trades, my point was that we have a committee and your original post made it seem like random league members were doing it.