BDL Discussion Thread 2018

Jlash

5 hours ago, DingoLadd said:

I will back this sentiment, something that affects the outcome of a game/sets a precedent league wide should be discussed by all owners. It was here somewhat, but I agree it wasn't fully transparent. Though I get why Rags/the others felt the need to be discreet given it's a moderator and well you should always try and be respectful to mods.

For a random example, say OKC vs. Sydney was tied 8-8 with 1 minute left in OT and 2 random people vote for OKC and that was just the agreed upon outcome after a discussion with no input from me, that would be annoying. 

BDL would not be the same without you Whicker, I hope it never comes to that.

Sira and I were in the discussion which is the point.  Had it been you and Whicker game as in the above example. You would have been involved in the pm. 

Again this is an unusual situation that occured.  It involved a mod so we were trying to be discrete.  Unfortunately Mike messed with the scores in the sheet before we got a response from nacho.  Had that not happened literally none of this arguing would be going down.  Just turn the page as I am on this 

• Like 1

Again there was no vote to change anything.  People were giving opinions on the situation and we were facts finding.  The score change should have never happened.  After we heard back from nacho, we were going to tell him you guys all the information if we felt his votes were done in malice and as a group decide how to proceed. 

This was more about not putting a mod publicly on blast in the forum, but that sadly ended up happening anyhow 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

Sira and I were in the discussion which is the point.  Had it been you and Whicker game as in the above example. You would have been involved in the pm. 

Again this is an unusual situation that occured.  It involved a mod so we were trying to be discrete.  Unfortunately Mike messed with the scores in the sheet before we got a response from nacho.  Had that not happened literally none of this arguing would be going down.  Just turn the page as I am on this 

I was mostly humoring Whicker, I totally get it and it's a non issue for me. 

6 hours ago, TedLavie said:

I'm getting tired of this being blown out of proportions. Before everything was in thread, the only PMs sent were by me and discussion was "Please keep an eye on ...". It was not an issue back then as it didn't affect Rome Singap. And nothing was ruled on. Should have we ruled on this, yes, we would have taken it to the thread.

Now given that I won't commit in acting in a different way in the future, I will resign from the ruling committee. I never asked to be on it and y'all nominated me because you trusted me on how to handle these things. Since it doesn't seem to be the case anymore, I might as well leave it. I vote for pheltz to replace me

I accept

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

@Whicker can you please get me the list of games that you want me to post.  Im going out of town friday and Saturday so id like to get them up late tonight.

Thanks

i'd assume you just split them in half, long as he has your game and you have his game, the rest don't matter if you want to do the picking (if he doesn't get back to you in time)

• Like 2