BDL Discussion Thread 2018

Jlash

Okay just so my numbers are on target:

Potential scenario with Khalil Mack

He signed a 6 year, $141,000,000 contract.

Currently I could 3-up him for 6 years, $119,859 total / $19,975 per season.

Or if I keep him this season under his current salary, next year it would be a 5 year, $117,500,000 contract (per year it is 23.5) so 3-up would be 5 years, $99,875 total / $19,975 per season.

So there's basically no incentive for me to 3-up Mack until after the season, correct? And if the 75% is for after this season, there's really no incentive to use any 3-up until next year?

8 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Or if I keep him this season under his current salary, next year it would be a 5 year, $117,500,000 contract (per year it is 23.5) so 3-up would be 5 years, $99,875 total / $19,975 per season.

So there's basically no incentive for me to 3-up Mack until after the season, correct? And if the 75% is for after this season, there's really no incentive to use any 3-up until next year?

He signed a six year extension, and with 6 yr max contracts, your only option is to wait after this season to sign him.  So it would be 6/141.000 = 23.500/yr....23.500 x .75 = 17.625/6

3 hours ago, ny92mike said:

@Whicker can you please get me the list of games that you want me to post.  Im going out of town friday and Saturday so id like to get them up late tonight.

Thanks

Send to Whicker:

Camden Hood Rats @ Orlando Ospreys
Long Beach Leprechauns @ Wichita Woodpeckers
Cuba Smugglers @ Rome Eternals
Singapore Sentinels @ Hawaii Nightmarchers

Send to ny92mike:

Oklahoma City EF5s @ Louisiana Jazz
Sydney Dingos @ Gotham Gashslayers
Ivory Coast Black Rhinos @ Berlin Blitzkrieg
Portland Horned Owls @ Seoul Dragons

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TedLavie said:

To lighten the mood (or not), let's do some power rankings.

1 - Louisiana Jazz (1-0)

The Jizz cruised to victory vs Gotham. After a heartbreaking loss in the semis last year, they are still among the favourites to win this year

2 - Seoul Dragons (1-0)

A closer than expected win for the double Bizz Bowl finalists, but a large win anyway. Plus, no injuries to report. Solid week for the Dragons.

3 - Rome Eternals (0-1)

No shame in losing a close battle on the road against a strong Singapore squad for the reigning champs. They also left the week unscathed which is important this early. 

4 - Orlando Ospreys (1-0)

Like Seoul, Orlando had a closer than expected battle against Wichita. Unlike Seoul they have two major injury worries with Keanu Neal out for the year and Joey Bosa. The return at 100% of the latter is important for a squad which was already fairly weak at the edge position.

5 - Singapore Sentinels (1-0)

Yes Singapore beat Rome in week 1 but by 1 vote and at home. It was an impressive showing, but they lost Deion Jones for a good portion of the season at least, after already being without Verrett and Bell. Given their back 7 was already meh, it's a lot to take.

6 - Hawaii Nightmarchers (0-1)

7 - Cuba Smugglers (1-0)

Hard to judge these teams after week 1 but they should both contend for a playoff spot if not more this year.

8 - Camden Hood Rats (1-0)

Impressive win on the road vs Aaron Rodgers for Camden with Alex Smith at the helm. If Alex keeps his strong play, Camden DL and weapons could carry them further than expected this year.

9 - Berlin Blitzkrieg (1-0)

The world has come to an end as Berlin wide receivers went off this week. QB play will decide if Berlin can finally qualify for the playoffs this year.

10 - Long Beach Leprechauns (0-1)

Week 1 had to be disappointing for Counselor, but ARod gives LB a solid shot against anyone and his supporting cast is decent. I expect Long Beach to be in the playoff race until the end.

11 - Wichita Woodpeckers (0-1)

A couple of mistakes cost Wichita a shot at a huge week 1 upset but they could be a surprising team this year. Vernon being back would definitively be a boost for them.

12 - OKC Rogues (1-0)

OKC got an important win vs Sydney but seem to have limitations that will be hard to overcome, especially at WR, though they just traded for Kenny Stills.

13 - Ivory Coast Black Rhinos (0-1)

Arrow is trending up for Ivory Coast with Luck being back and probably the best pass rushing duo in BDL. When Jeffrey comes back they could have a shot at big wins.

14 - Gotham Gashslayers (0-1)

Arguably the most disappointing performance of week 1 came from Gotham and Matt Stafford. With Wentz out for now, Gotham needs a strong showing from their backup QB and that MNF game was very discouraging. 

15 - Sydney Dingos (0-1)

Losing against OKC wasn't a good start for the Dingos. Disappointing showings from Ben and his weapons didn't help. This week game against Gotham will be crucial already.

16 - Portland Horned Owls (0-1)

Portland squad looked overmatched against Berlin, which isn't a top BDL squad at this point. This doesn't look good for them especially with a trip at Seoul coming up.

I changed my name

27 minutes ago, pheltzbahr said:
37 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

He signed a six year extension, and with 6 yr max contracts, your only option is to wait after this season to sign him.  So it would be 6/141.000 = 23.500/yr....23.500 x .75 = 17.625/6

Got it. Thanks for clarifying that up for me.

Looks to be the same situation with Zack Martin.

Now Brandin Cooks did a 5 year extension, in this case its 75%?

Correct, Martin is in the same sitch as Mack.

Cooks, you can do 2 ways...He is signed on a 5th year option at 8.459 for this season and signed a 5 yr/81mil IRL extension.

1.  3 Up him after this season at 81.000/5 = 16.200 x .75 = 12.150/5 (2019 through 2023 seasons) or

2.  3 up him before this season ends at 81.000 + 8.459 = 89.459/6 = 14.910 x .75 = 11.183/6

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, SirA1 said:

I'll have my stuff in tomorrow or early Sat. I'm headed on vacation away from the hurricane down to the Mouse House for the next week.

20th anniversary is on the 19th.

You wife is 26 already?  Time really flies.

Congrats buddy!  Hope y'all have a great time! 

• Like 1