BDL Discussion Thread 2018

Jlash

Just now, OleXmad said:

You can't give a player more than one contract per season so if you give him the 5th year option you're locked into it. I could be wrong on that since we do allow 100% extensions but I don't remember if we allow those for people on contracts they signed that year.

If you 3upped him you'd be using the franchise tag number until he got a deal (Which isn't a certainty with how stingy New England is)

I'd say 5th year option him, but wait a bit to see if he gets a new deal. 

Yeah, that's what I think is probably best for now, I can make his cap number fit as well (just under 8.5k for this 5th year). Still have 2 more 3-Downs available.

Say, is anyone interested in Superstar former franchise shutdown cornerback Joe Haden?

• Like 1

Just now, Jlash said:

You keep spelling '3 Down' wrong. 

3 Down a bonafide stud who can instantly upgrade any defense into elite status and has a reasonable cap hit and is available for a late draft choice?

Steal for whatever GM pounces on this fast enough.

• Like 2

How about edge rushers? Why blow a top 5 pick on Bradley Chubb when you can get a veteran who has played in the NFL and has what it takes in Jerry Hughes. Another bonafide stud, he will make any team happy coming off the edge. Only costs a late round pick.

Tony Jefferson is slotted to play extensive time as a third safety, but he's also on the market for any team looking to add a reliable starter.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MD4L said:

1.7 Berlin Blitzkrieg - Saquon Barkley, RB, Penn State         

Berlin could stand to get an upgrade at the RB position and when they 3down Miller they'll have a dire need at the position, Plus Barkley is the BPA and provides fantastic value here.

2.7 - Berlin Blitzkrieg -Billy Price, C, Ohio State 

This is probably a bit too early for price considering his injury but Berlin could stand to add a stout interior lineman to help protect Jameis and finally get them to the playoffs and it fills a position of need. Plus rags is probably too drunk to notice anything by this point in the draft.

3.4 - Berlin Blitzkrieg - JC Jackson, CB, Maryland 

Berlin's secondary is a mess right now with Berry injured and Gipson being medicore, While Bouye is a fine no.1 CB and Conley looks like he'll be a solidish no.2 CB Berlin has no one of note behind them.

3.7 - Berlin Blitzkrieg - DJ Chark, WR, LSU
Berlin would have gone pretty far in the draft without addressing the receiver position. If Rags is to be believed Calvin Ridley will at the very least be in consideration for pick 1.7, thus I can't envision them making 4 selections and completely avoiding that position.

I said before that I will 100% take Saquon if he is there.  

Not a fan of the Price pick as I have Pugh, Gabe, and Linsley plus drafted Moton last year.  I need some OL depth, but will probably get that later or in FA.

I might need another CB, but Mike Hilton came on as one of the better nickel backs last year.  JC Jackson is really talented though.  

Not a huge Chark fan.  I have a speed threat in Tyreek and Chark doesn't have great hands and isn't a great route runner.

3 hours ago, MD4L said:

1.6 - Charleston Dingos - Vita Vea, NT, Washington
Lets keep the theme of position needs influencing picks. Charleston will be eager to trade down, but they can't feel bad for adding a Nose Tackle with pass rush ability to their defense. Vea's upside as a three down lineman is the best investment of immediate impact at a position of need.

2.6 - Sydney Dingos - Mike Gesicki, TE, Penn State
If Charleston truly intends to make Dak their franchise player, improvements to his weapons are imperative. Though it's not SaQuan Barkley, Sydney nabs a high upside weapon from Penn State.

3.6 - Sydney Dingos -  Nick Chubb, RB, Georgia 

Adding weapons and improving the overall offense around Dak should be Charleston's draft priority and Chubb should fill the role of Elliot in Sydney's backfield, They do have Gordon but he's injury prone and been a disappointment through two seasons so far and Chubb is decent insurance for him. 

I doubt I end up with Vea but I wouldn't say no to him. 

I think I'd take a WR before a TE but I won't say no to anything that helps my 4 TE offense become a reality.

Nick Chubb is a stud but I already have my RB for the next decade.

Pretty gutted about the Matthieu release by AZ. Being only 25, the roster being TERRIBLE, only saving $4m this year and a new 5 yr extension for Keim tells me the next 3 yrs are going to be really painful to watch.

At least I have AZ basketb....baseb....hock....colleg.... I’m from Derby, UK, I have enough problems with terrible sports teams why did I pick such a useless US state lol.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Taylor091 said:

Pretty gutted about the Matthieu release by AZ. Being only 25, the roster being TERRIBLE, only saving $4m this year and a new 5 yr extension for Keim tells me the next 3 yrs are going to be really painful to watch.

At least I have AZ basketb....baseb....hock....colleg.... I’m from Derby, UK, I have enough problems with terrible sports teams why did I pick such a useless US state lol.

When you decide to pay Glennon and Sam Bradford a boat load of money, that's the sacrifice that has to be made.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Taylor091 said:

The diamondbacks are really good 

• Like 1