BDL Discussion Thread 2018

Jlash

Thought I would check in briefly.

And woah, this new Orlando owner is an idiot. Some advice from the grave: Stop dealing away young stud QBs on fantastic contracts and 3rd round picks for RBs on expiring deals.

You were born on BDL third base and still can't score. Shame. Enjoy tearing apart the team, folks. Footsy out.

I'm looking to what it would cost to extend Mike Evans contract and wanting to make sure I understand it.

His current contract is $8,458 w/ one year remaining (FA 2019).  His status is unlocked.

He just signed a 5 year deal worth 82.5 million.

82.5/ 5 = 16.5 per year.

minus his current cap hit of 8.458k I'd need to add another 8.042k to that and he'd be signed for 5 years.

The above is at 100% but I'm also reading this segment, "You can also offer a player a restructuration or an extension and negotiate with the contract committee", 

9 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

I'm looking to what it would cost to extend Mike Evans contract and wanting to make sure I understand it.

His current contract is $8,458 w/ one year remaining (FA 2019).  His status is unlocked.

He just signed a 5 year deal worth 82.5 million.

82.5/ 5 = 16.5 per year.

minus his current cap hit of 8.458k I'd need to add another 8.042k to that and he'd be signed for 5 years.

The above is at 100% but I'm also reading this segment, "You can also offer a player a restructuration or an extension and negotiate with the contract committee", 

75% if you 3up him which I assume you'd prefer to do. 

If you can juggle the cap logistics this year then do it, it saves you more money in the long run. 

29 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

Gotta question about retaining players.

From my understanding you are allowed to resign 3, that's it right?

This doesn't include extensions or 5th year options correct?

You have three what we call three ups that can be used on any player.  You can sign these guys at the discount rate.  This is the only way to sign a locked player for next year btw unless that player is eligible for rfa or erfa 

You may sign any unlocked player to an 100% extension.  Those are unlimited.  However the extension must not be less than his current bdl contract 

Edited by bcb1213

4 minutes ago, SwoleXmad said:

75% if you 3up him which I assume you'd prefer to do. 

If you can juggle the cap logistics this year then do it, it saves you more money in the long run. 

75% seems like the way to go.

Hoping NE extends Gronk before the season is up, but it doesn't look like they've got a ton of money.  Freaking Mike Evans just landed a huge extension irl. and right now the highest paid receiver is Hopkins at just under 14k.  Extending Mike would make him the highest paid receiver in BDL.  He's good but not that good...haha.