BDL Discussion Thread 2018

Jlash

17 hours ago, McNulty said:

I know this isn't a fantasy thread and I'm not in BDL but I have no other football sources now. What roster move should I make in a dynasty league?

Josh Allen for Flacco (I have Wentz and Cousins) but no other QB prospects

Chris Godwin for Fitzgerald (I have OBJ, AJ Green, DJ Moore and then a bunch of bust or soon to be busts: Zay Jones, Treadwell, Perriman etc.)

It's a weird league where you roster 3 QBs (start 1), 4 WR's (start 2), no flex but w/ huge taxi squads

I feel like Godwin is prob the better choice, but I've got kind of a boner for Josh Allen. Did you see that hurdle?

17 hours ago, McNulty said:

Hahaha I wish. But yeah all those young bucks are in my taxi squad so I can't use them in waivers.

I'm 2nd in the waiver order. My first choice would be James Conner (Connor?) for CJ Anderson. My RBs are pretty trash: a hurt Devonta Freeman, Alex Collins and Rex Burkhead

Connor is definitely 1A, who is your 4th WR not in your taxi squad?

30 minutes ago, Jlash said:
1 hour ago, RuskieTitan said:

Good game @WFLukic. It's downright difficult to beat Tom Brady, even on his worst game since probably 2014.

If we based the scoring on Fantasy points maybe.

133 yards is his lowest yardage output since week 17 of 2014, where he only played a half for a meaningless game.

1 TD / 1 INT, I don't doubt he's had worse ratios more recently, but the overall performance (14 of 26 for 133 and 1/1) was pretty awful.

5 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

133 yards is his lowest yardage output since week 17 of 2014, where he only played a half for a meaningless game.

1 TD / 1 INT, I don't doubt he's had worse ratios more recently, but the overall performance (14 of 26 for 133 and 1/1) was pretty awful.

I blame the Patriots defense being unable to stop the Lions more than Brady performing poorly. Dorsett had a couple drops early on relatively catchable passes.

On 13/09/2018 at 4:24 PM, TedLavie said:

Time for Week 3 power rankings. If you wonder where is the W2 ranking, you're too late already

1 - Orlando Ospreys (3-0) - prev: 4 (+3)

After two ok wins, Orlando got its first signature win at Singapore in a close battle. Once Bosa comes back, Orlando will definitely be a favorite to win it all with no clear weakness. They need to stay healthy on offense though as their depth isn't great.

2 - Seoul Dragons (2-0-1) - prev: 2 (0)

First test of the year for Seoul didn't go very well with a tie to Gotham. The back 7 is a worry, but the offense is doing great right now and the team is healthy.

3 - OKC EF5s (3-0) - prev: 12 (+9)

Get critics about his WRs? Trade for Kenny Stills. Get critics about his OL? Trade for Rodney Hudson. Whicker aggressiveness and creativity has paid off big time so far. I have doubts about this team, but you don't blow out Louisiana by chance. Whether this can last remains to be seen.

4 - Rome Eternals (2-1) - prev: 3 (-1)

Slight drop for the Eternals but it's mostly due to other teams going up than them falling as they've cruised against Cuba and Wichita. Their offense is playing great, but their defense needs to step up a bit (and maybe get healthier) if they want to repeat last year performance

5 - Louisiana Jazz (2-1) - prev: 1 (-4)

With a surprising loss to OKC in week 2 and a very close win against a winless Ivory Coast in week 3, is it time to worry about the early season favourites? They tried to build around depth this offseason, maybe losing some starpower compared to last year, which may pay dividends later this year but reduced their margin of error early.

6 - Singapore Sentinels (2-1) - prev: 5 (-1)

Starting the season with vs Rome and Hawaii plus a one point loss to Hawaii is impressive. But after Bell, Verrett, Jones it's now Jimmy G who's lost for the year. Carr can provide them with decent QB play, but will it be good enough to bring the Sentinels to the promise land?

7 - Gotham Gashslayers (1-1-1) - prev: 14 (+7)

Getting Wentz and Foster back was a huge boost for Gotham as they were able to tie vs Seoul. Losing Mo Wilkerson exposes a clear lack of depth inside, but if they can fix that, Gotham will be in strong position to climb even higher in these rankings.

8 - Camden Hood Rats (2-1) - prev: 8 (0)

Camden got a huge win vs Hawaii this week, a win we may look back at the end of the year as the difference maker in a tight playoff race. Freeman and Gordon being back soon should offset the damage done by the loss of Engram, and you can always count on JLash to build great gameplans. 

9 - Hawaii Nightmarchers (0-3) - prev: 6 (-3)

Tough start of the year for Hawaii with lots of injuries that cost them 2 wins. This week's loss against Camden may hurt them as they can't afford to lose 3 more games. And with Seoul twice, Singapore, Rome and Orlando left on the schedule, it's time to panic in Hawaii. Games at Seoul and at Berlin in the next 2 weeks could already seal Hawaii fate

10 - Berlin Blitzkrieg (2-1) - prev: 9 (-1)

Berlin had a chance to establish itself as a contender this week with a win against OKC but failed to do so. They probably need better QB play to get the best out of their impressive weapons.

11 - Long Beach Leprechauns (2-1) - prev: 10 (-1)

Coming out of 2 wins, Long Beach did its job to stay in the playoff race. If McAffrey can show consistently he can run between tackles, it will add another dimension to an already impressive offense. Defense is holding LB down for now, but I expect them to stay in the thick of the playoff race until the end

12 - Cuba Smugglers (1-2) - prev: 7 (-5)

A blowout vs Rome and a large loss to Long Beach probably discouraged Cuba. Their DL is as strong as it gets and that Margus Hunt claim looks really good right now. However, losing Dalvin Cook this week showed their lack of depth at RB, and they need better QB play from Cousins and Watson and probably commit to one.

13 - Ivory Coast Black Rhinos (0-3) - prev 13 (0)

What a defense Ivory Coast has. With so many teams with defensive issues, IC separates itself there. Of course, they're too limited in skills players with Jeffrey out and Luck has shown he's not at 100%, which is holding IC down for now and will probably make them miss the playoffs. But future is bright for the Rhinos.

14 - Sydney Dingos (1-2) - prev: 15 (+1)

After losing to a Wentz-less Gotham, the Dingos needed to beat Portland to keep their hopes alive this year. They did so easily and are still alive. With star power at QB, RB, DB and LB, Sydney has potential. But they are too weak in the trenches right now to compete for a playoff spot.

15 - Wichita Woodpeckers (0-3) - prev: 11 (-4)

Wichita scored 7 points in 3 games as they've not convinced voters so far. The good news is that Goff is playing lights out right now and the LB/S duos are probably the best in BDL. But it seems, they lack pieces upfront, on offense and defense. I would not be surprised though if Wichita finishes the year strong, as they seem to always do.

16 - Portland Horned Owls (0-3) - prev: 16 (0)

Time to prepare for the Mahomes era in Portland, and the recent Carr trade was not a good way to start. They lack too many pieces and are too dependent on McCoy health right now, but if Mahomes keeps it going, they'll have a star QB in a low rookie contract, which should open a lot of opportunities for Xmad in the future years

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MD4L said:

I blame the Patriots defense being unable to stop the Lions more than Brady performing poorly. Dorsett had a couple drops early on relatively catchable passes.

I know, who would think Stafford with a good defensive performance could beat Brady?