BDL Discussion Thread 2018

Jlash

2 hours ago, RuskieTitan said:

Question: If I go ahead and use the 5th year option on Brandin Cooks, then later the Patriots negotiate an extension for him that lowers his cap number, does that mean:

1. I am unable to lower my cap hit for the current year if I wanted to extend Cooks, and

2. Does he then count as a 3-Up once I use his extension

Trying to decide whether I should sit and wait a few days to see if the Pats give him a new deal or if I need to go ahead and use the option and deal with it next year (or later this year).

It would be 5th year in 2018 and 3 Up him in 2019.

One contract per yer.

Only exception is actual Franchise tagged players. You have to 3 Up them at 100% of the tag and then if they sign you get to restructure the deal to 85% of the new contract. It's done that way to insure you have the cap space as the tag will obviously be higher of the two.

• Like 2

Inbox should be clear. 

I'm open to trade for cheap/free:

JPP (free)

Alford 

Talib

Any FA I have for a 3u&o except Paradis

I will consider trading for the right offer

McCoy

Mack

Atkins

Paradis (3u&o, 1yr 3K)

Matty Ice 

Schraeder

Anyone else aside from Green, Hilton, Kelce, M.Williams, Slay, Fuller, Zeitler and Ingram

I have 2 1-2 years 3d spots open. Potentially a 3y+ 3d as well for the right price. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Jlash said:

Pay out the butt for him. These guard contracts are getting absurd. 

I blame  Kelechi Osemele for starting that trend.

Top 5 Centers/Guards are going to get more expensive. One reason I went Budget hunting last year with Kline and Taylor was because I'm paying Hudson the most for a Center in the league. Granted he was PFF's best pass blocker last year but still expensive.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jlash said:
1 hour ago, Counselor said:

Norwell how am I supposed to 3up you when you sign for that much...

Pay out the butt for him. These guard contracts are getting absurd. 

Yeah, not looking forward to seeing what Martin makes next year...

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, TedLavie said:

I think we need to drastically raise the cap or decrease the 85% percentage for 3ups because in the future, people will stop 3upping their top guys, because they will end up being cheaper in FA

I know its a little late for this season as the winter meetings are over and the offseason has started but I'd have to agree with this. This is my first offseason and for future planning I'm really finding the 3up to be a tough way to go considering the potential talent available in FA for much less.