BDL Discussion Thread 2018

Jlash

20 hours ago, Jlash said:

I can't tell if you're actually advocating Gore over Drake or being sarcastic, because at this point if you think Gore should be playing more you haven't watched a second of that football team this season.

Gone

Edited by Whicker
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, WFLukic said:

Ya so Michael Thomas is top 5 at least.

Michael Thomas is a really good player and a very good fit for your offense. What he is not is a top 5 WR

7 hours ago, Whicker said:

I'm sure Kenyan Drake's playing time has nothing to do with his football ability. Nothing at all. 

I am more complaining in the lack of consistency in Drake use than anything else.

But it is fair to point out that, in the 9 games in his career where he had 10+ carries, he averaged under 4.4 ypc only once. I understand there is more to the position than pure rushing ability but I still feel he's underused and would thrive as a full time starter. Though I do like Frank Gore too

12 hours ago, Whicker said:

I evaluate players based on their performance and playing time

If you based players on their performance you'd recognize Drake has been the more productive player and far more explosive player this year. Not sure how you don't think he's met "your requirement" for the production aspect of the game this year.

2 hours ago, Whicker said:

Are you trying to tell me how I should evaluate players when I'm voting?

Didn't realize we were speaking on voting......since not once did anyone one of us mention voting and it seemed the rest of us were talking about why a quality player wasn't playing. 

BTW I didn't read a word past that question  so hopefully you didn't decide to throw more philosophy at me.

3 minutes ago, Whicker said:

You asked [paraphrasing] "you're not advocating Gore should be playing over Drake, right?"

I answered [paraphrasing] "I don't make those decisions. I just evaluate players based on their performance and playing time."

I apologize if I misinterpreted your response to my statement, because it seemed to me like you were criticizing the way I evaluate players. If I'm evaluating players, it's during voting time, so that's why I brought up voting.

I misinterpreted Ted's reason for posting what he did. I thought he was trying to make a case for why Drake should be considered better and why we should consider him a full time back (much like MD4L has been trying to do with Kelvin Benjamin). He clarified the reason behind his statement so I've moved on and haven't responded to him.

You missed the part that got my response in the first place was you sarcastically (I think) "oh there's now way Drake not playing has anything to do with his football ability. None."

Which is where I disagreed, because he's been the more productive and explosive (the most explosive on the team in large part) for this entire season. So him not playing isn't because he isn't more talented at this stage in his career than a 34 year old Frank Gore, it's for some other reason Adam Gase has decided.