BDL Discussion Thread 2018

Jlash

4 hours ago, Jlash said:

PM me again with what you'd like added if you don't mind.

Pretty much cut out all the wall of rules text and link the new guidelines in addition to the Roster Sheet.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1PMWi_mLXhAdtxZF2PYBlXzqmtrQfDF1xx1v3_o8F-uA/edit

Could add a link to the Owners meetings for quick reference if you like.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/10TFiz79sZXruM_hXjuiK68-SrGfRWthZoT8UKuWO3xs/edit

• Like 3

Some mad draconian rule proposals up in here.

admittedly, i wouldn't miss votes if those are the rules.

Edited by SwAg
THANKS FOR MAKING IT CLEAR I DIDN'T ARTICULATE MY COMPLETE THOUGHT, FORUM.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, WFLukic said:

Hopefully you can get on a bit of a win streak and help my picks.

I'd like both Williams and Bosa thank you very much. Ed Oliver or Clelin Ferrell at 4 will be nice too :)

It's right now that my team gets healthy and not FAs. I get Fournette and Bryant this week. Continue to try to win but lose out on picks or keep losing since I already made it this far. Fun place to be in.

11 hours ago, WFLukic said:

Hopefully you can get on a bit of a win streak and help my picks.

I'd like both Williams and Bosa thank you very much. Ed Oliver or Clelin Ferrell at 4 will be nice too :)

Definitely voting and pushing hard for the teams picks that you have now. 

21 hours ago, ny92mike said:

Week 9 Results

The away team dominates heavy this week.

Week 9 Visitor Score Home Score
Gotham Gashslayers @ Sydney Dingos 10 3
Orlando Ospreys @ Camden Hood Rats 14 1
Louisiana Jazz @ Oklahoma City EF5s 8 7
Wichita Woodpeckers @ Long Beach Leprechauns 11 5
Berlin Blitzkrieg @ Ivory Coast Black Rhinos 3 10
Rome Eternals @ Cuba Smugglers 11 3
Seoul Dragons @ Portland Horned Owls 13 2
Hawaii Nightmarchers @ Singapore Sentinels 11 5

Just a heads up mine should be 12-4 because of Ted's mistake vote.

17 hours ago, SirA1 said:
22 hours ago, TedLavie said:

Don't vote in 5 games out of 8 as an owner (co-owners are obviously not included) and:

1st offense: Fair Warning
2nd offense: 1K cap penalty in the following year
3rd offense: 2K
4th offense: 4K
5th offense: 8K
6th+ offense: 10K and an automatic league wide vote to kick you out of the league in the Winter meeting

Idea #9b: to help against tanking and inactivity, I propose this rule for missed gameplans

1st offense: 1K Cap penalty
2nd offense: 5K Cap penalty
3rd offense: 10K Cap penalty and an automatic league wide vote to kick you out of the league in the Winter meeting

In both cases, if fair warning is given or for a good reason, the owner can be excused and one or several offenses can be withdrawn by the ruling committee. Offenses are not cumulative over the years.

Idea #9c: to promote BDL activity and discussion, I propose to make game comments mandatory:

1st to 3rd offense: Fair warning
From 4th offense onwards: $500 per offense. No further sanction can be applied. 

In each case, penalties will be cleared if ownership changes. For instance, Hockey would not have been penalized this year for rofl inactivity early last year.

@TedLavie can you point me to where you got this from because I never found it in my search through all the Owners meetings.

Here is all I have from the 2013 Owners meeting regarding voting on games. It is the rule I was referencing. We later went on to expand on that to add commenting as well as voting because some owners wanted Reasons.

Topic 4 - Miscellaneous

Sancho: Each owner must vote on 4 games (excluding their own) in order to ensure games get voted on or they forfeit

http://forum.walterfootball.com/forum/walterfootball-com-forums/forum-mock-draft-forum/29542-big-debate-league-owners-meeting-2013?29078-Big-Debate-League-Owners-Meeting-2013=

This is what I'm talking about. I don't have any issues with any of the rules, just make sure they're written somewhere where I don't have to rely on someone digging up old posts or referencing other forums. You guys are both vets of this league compared to me and have two different answers to the rules. I'm over here in my first full season as an owner just trying to survive.

• Like 3