BDL Discussion Thread 2018

Jlash

4 minutes ago, MD4L said:

Hope your personal situation is all and well. Christmas time is family oriented already, so best wishes for yours.

Thanks man.

It was my aunt that passed away, last year here youngest son passed so it is important to me that I be there for mom in her time of need.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, MD4L said:

And furthermore, that was the Chargers biggest game on the schedule, all things considered. He might not even win a playoff game in his career year with a dynamic team on both sides of the ball.

We don't play BDL in the playoffs though. During the regular season, Rivers was a monster. Past seasons don't account that much for me or else everyone would have all-stars at every position.

9 minutes ago, Whicker said:

We don't play BDL in the playoffs though. During the regular season, Rivers was a monster. Past seasons don't account that much for me or else everyone would have all-stars at every position.

He’s been very good, so my argument has been based on giving more respect to Cousins. Crown Rivers as you please.

20 hours ago, MD4L said:

What is Rivers record against teams over .500?

Not great if I remember right.

2 hours ago, MD4L said:

Rivers has 4 playoff victories in 13 NFL seasons. The sample size this year is nice but not outwardly better than what Cousins can do. 

Cousins is a good QB but he married his Cousin so like it's a wash.

2 hours ago, MD4L said:

4.9 YPA, 0 TD/2 INTs in arguably their biggest game of the year. 

Ravens defense is elite, our o-line is not.

2 hours ago, ny92mike said:

You asked what his record was against teams over 500.

7 teams they played against with records over 500 and he and his team won 4 of those.  Ranking LAC 5th.  

I didn't watch that game so I can't comment on what happened in that game, but I'd still take Rivers over Cousins any day of the week and you would too.

I did, it was a nightmare....Rivers kinda choked but like how much can you do against the no.1 defense in the NFL with a banged up offense? 

2 hours ago, Whicker said:

Rivers is closer to 1 this year than 5. And top 5 vs top 10 is a huge difference in a 16 team league.

Closer to 5 than 1. 

1 hour ago, MD4L said:

Big Ben is closer to Rivers than Cousins but his team finished 2-12. Get talent around your QB and things change.

Big Ben>Rivers. 

It pains me to say it but it's the truth, even this year.

1 hour ago, ny92mike said:

Absolutely....Career year for him.  All the kids are talking about him

Rivers probably has the kids talking about him because his own kids spread his propaganda about being a HOFer.

1 hour ago, Whicker said:

I think he's quite literally #1. He's also my NSFL QB though so I'm biased.

Ha. 

1 hour ago, MD4L said:

And furthermore, that was the Chargers biggest game on the schedule, all things considered. He might not even win a playoff game in his career year with a dynamic team on both sides of the ball.

It'd be the most chargers thing for him to have a career year, finally look like we got over the hump and just fall flat in the playoffs. 

Merry Christmas eve to all of you and have a happy whatever you celebrate. 

2 hours ago, MD4L said:

He’s been very good, so my argument has been based on giving more respect to Cousins. Crown Rivers as you please.

I think Cousins is a good enough QB to win a BDL title with the proper supporting cast. 

1 hour ago, DingoLadd said:

Not great if I remember right.

Cousins is a good QB but he married his Cousin so like it's a wash.

Ravens defense is elite, our o-line is not.

I did, it was a nightmare....Rivers kinda choked but like how much can you do against the no.1 defense in the NFL with a banged up offense? 

Closer to 5 than 1. 

Big Ben>Rivers. 

It pains me to say it but it's the truth, even this year.

Rivers probably has the kids talking about him because his own kids spread his propaganda about being a HOFer.

Ha. 

It'd be the most chargers thing for him to have a career year, finally look like we got over the hump and just fall flat in the playoffs. 

Merry Christmas eve to all of you and have a happy whatever you celebrate. 

Don't laugh. This is what I believe, bias or not. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, bcb1213 said:

You really think rivers is top three this year? 

Hard to argue Rivers isn't top 3 this year. Besides Brees and Mahomes I don't see an argument being made for any other QB. Maaaaaybe Russ and that's it.

16 hours ago, MD4L said:

Bc Cousins contract situation people want him to be top 3 and bash him for not being so. I’m not gonna complain too much because I’ve shown you can win with him. His contract situation is nothing like IRL so you can stockpile talent with him at QB.

Cousins is pretty good and you can win a BDL title with him. Don't think you can with Alex or Dalton. But I don't think he's top 10 in the league (I would rather have Brady, ARod, Ben, Brees, Mahomes, Rivers, Wentz, Ryan, Russ and Luck at the very least) and a non top 10 QB isn't worth a BDL 1st rounder. That's plain and simple. Camden could have overpaid since they were a QB away from being a contender but that would still be an overpay

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TedLavie said:

Hard to argue Rivers isn't top 3 this year. Besides Brees and Mahomes I don't see an argument being made for any other QB. Maaaaaybe Russ and that's it.

Cousins is pretty good and you can win a BDL title with him. Don't think you can with Alex or Dalton. But I don't think he's top 10 in the league (I would rather have Brady, ARod, Ben, Brees, Mahomes, Rivers, Wentz, Ryan, Russ and Luck at the very least) and a non top 10 QB isn't worth a BDL 1st rounder. That's plain and simple. Camden could have overpaid since they were a QB away from being a contender but that would still be an overpay

Ouch