BDL Discussion Thread 2018

Jlash

I think Guice is a good prospect but apart from Pheltz, I don't think he'd have been taken soon. I feel as though he could've lasted til 2.7. If you're going to trade up aggressively it should be for the BPA or a premium position. I suppose Guice could've been BPA to you, but it's not like he slid or anything such that he was great value. It just seemed a bit of a panicky trade up to fill a need.

Edited by WFLukic

Just now, WFLukic said:

I think Guice is a good prospect but apart from Pheltz, I don't think he'd have been taken soon. I feel as though he could've lasted til 2.7. If you're going to trade up aggressively it should be for the BPA or a premium position. I suppose Guice could've been BPA to you, but it's not like he slid or anything so he waa great value. It seemed a bit of a panicky trade up to fill a need.

Honestly, we were going to target RB with one of our third rounders.  And we had Guice way above anyone left at RB, so when that trade was offered, we took it.  Clement has shown a lot of potential as a 3rd down back.  But we weren't sure how D'Onta would come back from his Achilles injury.  If D'Onta does come back strong, we have a great set of three RBs to help Jameis.  

But we really love Guice and thought he was worth 3.4 and 3.7.  Myself and gopher discussed that offer for a bit before we took it.  

That said, depending on who falls into the 3rd, Berlin may be offering up a 2019 2nd for an OTC pick.