Madden 19

MacReady

9 hours ago, Wyld Stallyns said:

Full Madden 19 ratings are now on EA’s website 

https://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/player-ratings

Madden really hates Matthew Stafford, I'm not saying he should be rated at a top 5 QB or anything but 85 ovr? That's ridiculous

Edit - And how the heck is Luck an 87 if Stafford is an 85? 

Edited by rob_shadows

14 hours ago, Tyty said:

I Got live during a sale for $5 and it’s fun but it’s insanely easy to make like 70% of your shots 

Yeah, I can't echo that sentiment either.  I have both and 2K is leagues ahead.  Could be that I'm more of a Franchise/MyLeague type player and 2k's MyLeague is the best in the business, IMO, while Live's Franchise is incredibly bare bones, in comparison.  I honestly don't think Live holds up much better on the court, either, tbh.  This year's Live was a pretty nice improvement, but it feels like it's just trying to emulate 2K right now.

1 minute ago, jyod21 said:

Yeah, I can't echo that sentiment either.  I have both and 2K is leagues ahead.  Could be that I'm more of a Franchise/MyLeague type player and 2k's MyLeague is the best in the business, IMO, while Live's Franchise is incredibly bare bones, in comparison.  I honestly don't think Live holds up much better on the court, either, tbh.  This year's Live was a pretty nice improvement, but it feels like it's just trying to emulate 2K right now.

All live was was a step in the right direction. I pretty much only played my player mode and it’s all smoke and mirrors in making you think you have an actual experience. After the first season the entire storyline pretty much dies. All the endorsement deals you’re supposed to try for are impossible to get and it’s part of the story and it just makes you look like a dunce. It is for the most part just a bare bones experience but it gave me faith that they’re 5 years or so from being a genuine competitor 

1 hour ago, biggio7 said:

Players are rated way too high anymore.

Every decade or so there seems to be a "power creep" in their ratings. They scaled it back back in like.... 2010 or 2011. Used to be that anyone below an 83-84 was complete garbage.

• Like 2

Ratings are way to high and the 99 Club is a pure marketing tactic. Disgusting, man. This is the one year there shouldn't be any 99's or even 98's, let alone 7 99's. There shjould be maybe two players at 96 or 97 and trickle down from there.

• Like 2

Madden ratings are garbage. You know it. I know it. The Madden team knows it. Everyone knows it. 

I've wasted so much energy over the years complaining about the ratings that it's just not worth it. They're absolute trash, and ultimately they'll change after week 1 of the pre-season, and every single week after that and after the Superbowl when the finals ratings come out - THEY'LL STILL BE TRASH.

When you have a company that refuses to have ratings people for each division who will accurately rate each team and player, this is the result you get. Also, none of this matters because all they care about is Ultimate Team and even there the cards that are released for players are trash in terms of their ratings. 

4 hours ago, jyod21 said:

NBA 2K's gameplay is terrible.  You cannot play man-to-man defense in that game.  Literally, if you have a ball handler and just run to the left, then right, then left, then right you can't even stay in front of them.  I remember in 2K13, this type of stuff was not a problem.  It forces people to control the center on defense, which makes game play boring.

Keep in mind, all I do is play online and in online leagues.  I never play the computer or simulate games, etc.

As far as game play goes, this is the worst 2K game I've ever played in my life.  I think the game is absolutely trash.  But yes, as far as actual game modes this game is way more advanced than Live.

But here's the thing - NBA Live 19 is $35 and comes out earlier.  NBA 2K19 is still $60.  I'm probably going to be forced to buy 2K because all my friends have it so if I want to play in online leagues, I would have to get it.  But I really wish more people would consider Live.

8 hours ago, rob_shadows said:

Madden really hates Matthew Stafford, I'm not saying he should be rated at a top 5 QB or anything but 85 ovr? That's ridiculous

Edit - And how the heck is Luck an 87 if Stafford is an 85? 

He's the 11th highest rated QB... that's overrating him if anything.

1 hour ago, Danger said:

What sort of issue do you guys have with there being 1 or 2 99's such as Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers or Aaron Donald?

A 99 is a 2013 Peyton Manning, 2007 Tom Brady, 2007 Randy Moss, 2011 Aaron Rodgers, 2014 JJ Watt, etc.

You don't just give a 99 to the best player opening the season. Look at NBA 2K, LeBron and Durant at 97. Just because they are the two best doesn't mean they deserve a 99. To have a perfect rating, you need a near perfect season.

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

A 99 is a 2013 Peyton Manning, 2007 Tom Brady, 2007 Randy Moss, 2011 Aaron Rodgers, 2014 JJ Watt, etc.

You don't just give a 99 to the best player opening the season. Look at NBA 2K, LeBron and Durant at 97. Just because they are the two best doesn't mean they deserve a 99. To have a perfect rating, you need a near perfect season.

2K's rating system is based off of historical players.  Because of that, 2K doesn't give 99 to damn near anyone.  The only people in that game who are a 99 overall are Michael Jordan and Miami Heat LeBron James.  Due to 2K using that type of rating system, nobody in the current game will ever be a 99 overall.  Madden's ranking system is only based on current players.

So to me, Antonio Brown and Aaron Donald are worthy of a 99 overall rating.

18 hours ago, showtime said:

2K's rating system is based off of historical players.  Because of that, 2K doesn't give 99 to damn near anyone.  The only people in that game who are a 99 overall are Michael Jordan and Miami Heat LeBron James.  Due to 2K using that type of rating system, nobody in the current game will ever be a 99 overall.  Madden's ranking system is only based on current players.

So to me, Antonio Brown and Aaron Donald are worthy of a 99 overall rating.

While AB and AD were great last year they definitely didn't have anything close to perfect seasons.