Offseason Rumor Thread

49erurtaza

Did anyone listen to the Stephen A. Smith show today when he mentioned columnist Gary Myers wrote an article in the New York Daily News saying according to his sources OBJ spoke to two Rams players saying he wants in. That he wants to play with the Rams. Stephen A. Smith said he believes Meyers because he does an excellent job but ESPN hasn’t confirmed this.

21 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

Did anyone listen to the Stephen A. Smith show today when he mentioned columnist Gary Myers wrote an article in the New York Daily News saying according to his sources OBJ spoke to two Rams players saying he wants in. That he wants to play with the Rams. Stephen A. Smith said he believes Meyers because he does an excellent job but ESPN hasn’t confirmed this.

Stephen A and Gary Myers. Its like the A-Team of being wrong. 

18 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

This is false, but even if it were true, it would be tampering considering Odell is still under contract with the Giants. 

If the Giants and Rams are having trade discussions, I'm not so sure it is. The Giants can give OBJ permission to negotiate with other clubs.

All I am saying is if a top FA signs currently with say a Cleveland, you have to wonder if he cares about winning.

As for Suh, he was in a curios situation, He was coming off a rookie salary from the old CBA and not a lot of teams could afford him with what he was asking and Miami was no Cleveland, they were an 8-8 team when he signed.

2 hours ago, jrry32 said:

The Giants can give OBJ permission to negotiate with other clubs.

Given the media in NY, the Giants giving Odell that permission would have leaked by now. 

3 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

Given the media in NY, the Giants giving Odell that permission would have leaked by now. 

Hasn't it? There are plenty of leaks that the Giants are shopping OBJ. If they're shopping OBJ, they've given interested teams permission to talk to his people.

8 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Hasn't it? There are plenty of leaks that the Giants are shopping OBJ. If they're shopping OBJ, they've given interested teams permission to talk to his people.

Something like this - specific team negotiation - would be leaked, not generalities that could apply to anyone.

1 minute ago, EliteTexan80 said:

Something like this - specific team negotiation - would be leaked, not generalities that could apply to anyone.

That's why we're discussing this. OBJ's agent leaked that the Rams are negotiating with them.

6 hours ago, jrry32 said:

That's why we're discussing this. OBJ's agent leaked that the Rams are negotiating with them.

Give me something more substantial than a report from Chad Forbes.

7 hours ago, jrry32 said:

As much as I want ODB in LA, I'm calling BS on this for the simple fact that this is not how the Rams do business. When Snead/McVay want to pursue someone, it is kept under wraps very tightly and no one knows about it until it happens. Snead was working on Watkins at the combine in March and the deal got done in August, no one had a clue til then. Same for Peters. So the more info that "leaks" on ODB to the Rams, the less likely I think it will happen.

Archived