Hall of Very Good

Tyronnosaurus

I was thinking about Chris Bosh and how he’s clearly Hall of Very Good as opposed to a Hall of Famer imo, but I wonder if his two rings bump him up.

Which players over the past 20 years would you say aren’t HOF, but are 100% in the “Hall of Very Good”?

And as a bonus, who is the best player you can think of that just misses the cut for Hall of Very Good?

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

He will get in the HOF, but yes he's a guy that I looked at as very good not quite HOF level. 

He had a little stretch were he was an elite PG, imo.  The only reason I mentioned him is because I'm not sure how his numbers stack up.  I don't think he has any Olympic accolades like other potential HoFers to help his resume, either.  In addition, I'm fairly certain he has never made first team all-NBA and has probably only been on the second team once or twice in his career at most.

I loved him as a player and I have no issue with him getting into the HoF, but I think he's about as close as it can get to a borderline type of guy.

17 minutes ago, showtime said:

He had a little stretch were he was an elite PG, imo.  The only reason I mentioned him is because I'm not sure how his numbers stack up.  I don't think he has any Olympic accolades like other potential HoFers to help his resume, either.  In addition, I'm fairly certain he has never made first team all-NBA and has probably only been on the second team once or twice in his career at most.

I loved him as a player and I have no issue with him getting into the HoF, but I think he's about as close as it can get to a borderline type of guy.

Him, Hamilton, Prince, Sheed, and Big Ben are all in that category imo.

Archived