Draft Discussion 3.0

NudeTayne

7 minutes ago, cattleman78 said:

Dorsey repeated today he could trade pick 1.

He can repeat it all he wants, I don’t believe for a minute he’d actually do it.  

7 minutes ago, cattleman78 said:

Also said signing Carlos Hyde doesn't mean he won't draft Saquan. 

What else would he say though? I just think between the 15 million for Hyde and hopefully the extension for Duke, they’re not very likely to invest a ton more in a running back. At least not that much.

Honestly I think it’s btwn Bradley Chubb and trade down at 4. Even if Barkley is there I don’t think he tkes him. Minka is an outside CB and we already have Peppers so it just wouldn’t make sense. I really like Mike Hughes and Isaiah Oliver. I want both I don’t even care lol

Dorsey is going to say anything at this point that 1. Doesn’t tip his hand 2. Makes it apparent to suitors that he has the power/will keep options open for them to come to the table to get hosed.

Barkley isn’t in play at 4. I didn’t believe it before the Hyde signing and believe it less now. Dorsey has never been a part of an organization that’s taken a back before round 2, and that was only once. He’s not going to see value there over a handful of others; especially not now, when we have two at least competent options, in a draft that is full of later options. Fans would be best accepting it now rather then being angry and surprised on draft night. 

46 minutes ago, cattleman78 said:

Dorsey repeated today he could trade pick 1. Also said signing Carlos Hyde doesn't mean he won't draft Saquan. Also said Shon Coleman moving to left tackle. Joe Thomas was helping Coleman today.

Doesn't mean much. Typical GM speak at a press conference. They're not going to say too much to give away their plans. Of course he'd be open to trading #1, but that doesn't mean he's likely to. I imagine a team would have to offer a helluva lot to get that first pick. The fourth pick, however, I can easily see being dealt.

3 minutes ago, Dawgpoun8017 said:

I tell you this if we are legitimately looking at saquan and Carlos Hyde prevents that Dorsey deserves to be kicked in the sack

Hasn’t drafted a first round back in 27 years of being a part of front offices I believe.

Drafted the 2017 Rushing Champion in the 3rd round last year.

I don’t think Dorsey ever intended to take Saquon. I think he’d have traded him away/passed on him at 4 too.

1 minute ago, Aztec Hammer said:

Hasn’t drafted a first round back in 27 years of being a part of front offices I believe.

Drafted the 2017 Rushing Champion in the 3rd round last year.

I don’t think Dorsey ever intended to take Saquon. I think he’d have traded him away/passed on him at 4 too.

Basically speaking in hypotheticals Carlos Hyde should not prevent you from drafting a RB this year especially Barkley 

39 minutes ago, Dawgpoun8017 said:

Basically speaking in hypotheticals Carlos Hyde should not prevent you from drafting a RB this year especially Barkley 

I don't think anyone would claim that simply having Hyde on the roster is reason enough to pass on Barkley. Even if we hadn't signed Hyde, there's a good chance that Dorsey would pass on Barkley. Having Hyde just makes it a little more likely.

I personally would be fine with drafting Barkley at #4, but I won't be surprised if Dorsey passes up on him even if he is available. If that's the case, I'm hoping we can trade down cause there's no other player that seems too enticing at #4 for us.

1 hour ago, Dawgpoun8017 said:

No one is saying that.

We’re saying now that we have Hyde, paired with Duke, there is not as much of a need at running back.

Add that to a guy who’s never spent high picks himself on a RB, nor been a part of an organization that has, and it makes it easy to see Dorsey passing on Barkley at 4.

A back at 33, 35 or 64 would be my guess, lots of talented backs to choose from this year.

I hope Tyrod Taylor doesn’t stop us drafting a quarterback. 

He is much more competent at his position than Hyde. 

What I like about Dorsey’s off season so far is that we can truly go best player available at every pick now. 

We may have 40 good players on this team this year. 

10 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Denzel Ward has to be heavily considered at 4 also.

I would consider him. But I'd prefer to trade down. If Ward is still available after trading down, then take him. If not, we could always take a CB at the top of round two since this year's class is pretty deep. Or, if we trade with Buffalo for example, we could take one with #22.

17 minutes ago, DawgX said:

I would consider him. But I'd prefer to trade down. If Ward is still available after trading down, then take him. If not, we could always take a CB at the top of round two since this year's class is pretty deep. Or, if we trade with Buffalo for example, we could take one with #22.

I hate the notion that if a class is deep that it’s ok settle for a player. If the class is deep, you should want the #1 guy because than that guy is a true stud. 

I really want to walk away with at least Darnold, Ward, and McGlinchey. Everyone else would be cherry!

Archived