Draft Discussion 3.0

NudeTayne

10 hours ago, Mind Character said:

Putting this here so when it happens I can reference it....

The New England Patriots with 100 % certainty will select QB Luke Falk to be their next QB1 in either the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th round.

If I had to guess....he will be selected in the 3rd.

All the picks NE has accrued via trades will be used to replenish their defense and offensive line with young impact talent.

I would not be surprised to see the Patriots walk away with Jaire Alexander CB and Harold Landry DE in the 1st round. Connor Williams OG/OT and Dallas Goedert TE. Then come back and take Luke Falk QB in the 3rd and Duke Dawson CB in the 4th round.

I can easily see this happening. Falk is a perfect developmental qb for them. I personally think he’s got a shot to be good in this league if developed properly and most likely goes 2nd round. Everyone earmarks Lauletta to them because of “connections” I don’t see it. I just got done watching him and I don’t see a good qb. 

9 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

I can easily see this happening. Falk is a perfect developmental qb for them. I personally think he’s got a shot to be good in this league if developed properly and most likely goes 2nd round. Everyone earmarks Lauletta to them because of “connections” I don’t see it. I just got done watching him and I don’t see a good qb. 

Falk’s my third favourite QB.

https://clyp.it/k2jnatvw

Everyone knows I’m not a fan of Mayfield but this feels stupid. Cleveland media and the usual culprits I’m sure would love nothing more than for our next QB, whoever it is, to bust. They seem to thrive on drama and negativity.

The QBs we’ve had since 99 suck and would’ve sucked no matter what but the constant search for drama can’t help.

1 hour ago, Aztec Hammer said:

https://clyp.it/k2jnatvw

Everyone knows I’m not a fan of Mayfield but this feels stupid. Cleveland media and the usual culprits I’m sure would love nothing more than for our next QB, whoever it is, to bust. They seem to thrive on drama and negativity.

The QBs we’ve had since 99 suck and would’ve sucked no matter what but the constant search for drama can’t help.

Yeah that's just dumb. Demanded to be upgraded to 1st class and had to use 3 credit cards to get it done? If you are paying for it yourself you aren't really demanding anything.
I know he was trying to put the entitled label on him and also uhhh a poor credit label on him? Sounds like he wanted to make it a story but didn't know how.

16 hours ago, Mind Character said:

bad/not fluid hips in terns of flipping and running... not fluid in change of direction, Doesn't play fast... plays a lot of catch up... plays the man not the ball when recovering from being beat leading to PI's

These CBs are clearly better than him imo.... (1. Mike Hughes, 2. Denzel Ward, 3. Jaire Alexander, 4. Carlton Davis, 5. Darious Williams, 6. Joshua Jackson, 7. Duke Dawson, 8. Donte Jackson)

If we take Oliver, and one of them is on the board... I don't think we as Browns fans should be happy.

He plays the ball pretty well. Was rarely targeted and still had 12 passes tipped and 2 INTs. 

Hes no Patrick Peterson but he can still turn and run. I don’t see any inconsistency between his tape and 40 time.

his real issue is his willingness to play the run and also sometimes shows poor technique in the short pass game.

1 minute ago, pnies20 said:

He plays the ball pretty well. Was rarely targeted and still had 12 passes tipped and 2 INTs. 

Hes no Patrick Peterson but he can still turn and run. I don’t see any inconsistency between his tape and 40 time.

his real issue is his willingness to play the run and also sometimes shows poor technique in the short pass game.

If Hughes,Davis,Jackson, or Alexander are on the board and a take Oliver I’ll be extremely worried about their ability to scout secondary players 

2 hours ago, bosko1616 said:

If Hughes,Davis,Jackson, or Alexander are on the board and a take Oliver I’ll be extremely worried about their ability to scout secondary players 

All of those guys have issues of their own. Ideally we’d want Ward but we’re talking about a 2nd rounder.

2 hours ago, pnies20 said:

yeah personally I'm a fan of Oliver

not the exact same skillset but reminds me of Xavier Howard in Miami

had a ton of talent but went in the second round because he was raw

now hes one of the best corners in the league 

Oliver has superstar talent 

3 minutes ago, Aztec Hammer said:

I’m going to keep the faith. But I wouldn’t be surprised.

How can you take a guy who couldnt even dominate D8 level competition and had 3 games under 100 passing yards who is also the most inaccurate passer of the top 4 at #1 overall.

Archived