Off-season/draft day trades

NudeTayne

Schobert's real value.   

21 members have voted

1. 1. If we can get 2nd round value for Schobert, do we flip him?

• No. He's already a Pro Bowler and will continue to improve. He's just a child!
    • Yes. Let's flip him before the rest of the league figures out his favorite USA Network program is JAG.

40 minutes ago, Fatgerman said:

If I recall, Peters slipped a little in the first because of character concerns, possible drug issues, Im not sure. I just remember hearing he might have gone top 5 without the off the field issues. Might be why ownership wants to drop a top flight corner 2 years from possible FA. Something to consider.

Schobert is the 3 best things you can get from a player: young, talented, and cheap. So, no. Just no.

Supposedly Peters got into some sort of altercation with a coach which is why he was suspended for a game by the team this past season. Officially he was suspended for leaving the field when he thought he was ejected.

42 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Supposedly Peters got into some sort of altercation with a coach which is why he was suspended for a game by the team this past season. Officially he was suspended for leaving the field when he thought he was ejected.

I wonder if that incident was isolated or symptomatic of a bigger problem...  Dorsey should know that answer fairly well, being that he drafted Peters, and was his GM til last spring.

16 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

What kind of idiot put them in that cap hell and traded all their picks away????  I kid, I kid....

The Chiefs, with all their recent playoff appearances, must be so envious of our former genius GM with his $100 mil cap space and 1-31 record.

No to Eli Apple, and heck to to trading Schobert!

6 minutes ago, dawgdish said:

The Chiefs, with all their recent playoff appearances, must be so envious of our former genius GM with his $100 mil cap space and 1-31 record.

No to Eli Apple, and heck to to trading Schobert!

For all those playoff appearances, the payoff has been exactly the same as for Browns fans: won nothing. That's the sole objective in the sport in my opinion.

That may finally change for them now the Mahomes era begins. An era potentially not capped by limited arm strength and physical ability.

Ironically, the Browns might well have the best of both worlds...

Sashi Brown's $100m+ cap space and draft picks. John Dorsey's ability to pick a Mahomes type franchise QB with mercurial talent.

1 minute ago, dawgdish said:

They went balls deep and have won nothing of note. A single playoff game in fact. 

Your comparison is exactly the same as someone remodeling their home going on about how much better looking their finished product is than someone’s home who was still being built. Two people, working on similar projects, in completely different phases.  

36 minutes ago, Aztec Hammer said:

For all those playoff appearances, the payoff has been exactly the same as for Browns fans: won nothing. That's the sole objective in the sport in my opinion.

That may finally change for them now the Mahomes era begins. An era potentially not capped by limited arm strength and physical ability.

Ironically, the Browns might well have the best of both worlds...

Sashi Brown's $100m+ cap space and draft picks. John Dorsey's ability to pick a Mahomes type franchise QB with mercurial talent.

You don't see any difference at all in perennial winning records, fan engagement, and playoff contention vs being the laughing stock of the league, not even sniffing a winning record, and having much of the fanbase more interested on mowing their lawns than watching the putrid product on the field? C'mon. Remember in the 80's when Modell fired Marty Schottenheimer, who consistently got us deep into the playoffs, and how big of a mistake that turned out to be? Yes, the goal is to win a super bowl, but there's a big difference between competitive, fun football and the appalling Siberia of sport we've been relegated to for the past 18 years.

Totally agree with the bolded comment, and could be a very nice spot to be in. If Haslam had let go of Hue at the same time as Sashi and reorganized the line of reporting to the GM, I'd almost be tempted to say he got it right for once.

Why would we trade Schobert? Was he truly worthy of being in the pro bowl? Probably not, but he was still pretty good. Why take one of our only good units in our linebackers and make it weaker? It's not like we're in need of draft picks. Plus, Schobert is only entering his third season and second season starting at MLB, so there's no reason to think he can't improve even more.

16 minutes ago, dawgdish said:

You don't see any difference at all in perennial winning records, fan engagement, and playoff contention vs being the laughing stock of the league, not even sniffing a winning record, and having much of the fanbase more interested on mowing their lawns than watching the putrid product on the field? C'mon. Remember in the 80's when Modell fired Marty Schottenheimer, who consistently got us deep into the playoffs, and how big of a mistake that turned out to be? Yes, the goal is to win a super bowl, but there's a big difference between competitive, fun football and the appalling Siberia of sport we've been relegated to for the past 18 years.

Totally agree with the bolded comment, and could be a very nice spot to be in. If Haslam had let go of Hue at the same time as Sashi and reorganized the line of reporting to the GM, I'd almost be tempted to say he got it right for once.

It's better to win some games than win never, I agree. I suppose I just mean I couldn't think of much worse than falling into football mediocrity. I'd honestly rather be the Browns year in year out than the Bengals because at least it means there's a chance of hitting the jackpot with every new season and draft. The Bengals lock themselves into Andy Dalton; good enough to not get replaced, bad enough to never win a playoff game.

The Chiefs have been better than the Bengals, it's true. They've given their fans more week to week enjoyment. It's in the grand scheme of things though where their most noticeable recent milestone game is blowing an 18 point lead at home in the Wild Card and scoring 0 in the second half. Drafting Mahomes puts them in a really nice position with a very skilled young guy at QB.

We can have that too if we draft the QB at 1 in April. But also we have the benefit is Sashi doing the dirty work of giving this team a ton of picks, some nice young talent and 100m of room.

If we draft say, Sam Darnold, and assume he's at least as good as Mahomes. Hit on some of the other great picks we have in this draft, spend some of that cap space and I personally think we have a better future than the Chiefs. One that may even have a solid chance of proving real success. Like all the way, contending for championships type of success.

Archived