Marcus Peters traded to Rams

WizardHawk

1 hour ago, Edge said:

I'm really disappointed. An absolute joke, but tbh this is telling a lot about the man Marcus Peters is.

We tried to shop him for 3 weeks and yet only 1 team was interested in him. Not one of the other 30 franchises thought it would be worth it to give up more to get a guy like him on a rookie contract for 2 more years. That tells a lot. It's a horrible deal and as a fan i'm totally disappointed that we lose such a great player, but it really seems like he has some huge character problems. We're now the 2nd team that basically kicked him out.

Making a lot of assumptions here. You don't know what the conversation was. Maybe Peters/agent had some say in where he'd go. Maybe KC tried to keep him out of the AFC

There was no market for him, that much is clear. When the freaking Browns with the GM who drafted him, who have a million picks and one of their biggest needs is corner, have little to no interest and can't beat this deal, that tells me enough.

I'm sure Veach and Andy are happy with what they got and getting Peters out of the locker room. 

37 minutes ago, August4th said:

not sure who should be more upset

chief fans or fans of other teams with cap space and a need for a CB lol

The latter. KC fans will try to put enough sugar on this too make swallowing the pill easier. End of the day, you can try to bury his character all you want, but MP hasn't had any issues with the NFL offices. No PEDs, drugs, etc. KC let an elite playmaking CB go to appease conservative ownership it looks like. 

And here we are. Andy Reid being billed as the guy who takes on these personalities and second chance guys, etc. and you just trade the best player on the team for peanuts. So what's your identity then?

4 minutes ago, JBURGE25 said:

There was no market for him, that much is clear. When the freaking Browns with the GM who drafted him, who have a million picks and one of their biggest needs is corner, have little to no interest and can't beat this deal, that tells me enough.

I'm sure Veach and Andy are happy with what they got and getting Peters out of the locker room. 

Or KC wanted him out of the AFC maybe? Just saying.... that's all speculation. 

1 minute ago, big_palooka said:

Or KC wanted him out of the AFC maybe? Just saying.... that's all speculation. 

How is it all speculation? The Chiefs in no way had to trade Peters. He doesn't alleviate any of their cap issues. He is a very good player. The fact is they traded him and they obviously had their reasons to do so, and other NFL front offices had reason to not want him that badly. Are you telling me that people on this site and fans know more about it than the other 15 NFC teams who wouldn't beat that offer? I'm not even a KC fan so what do I care

I would have rather benched him if he started being a headcase than take this trash return.  Let Peters look like a fool, instead you made yourself look like fools.

Peters is a gamer and one of the few who actually showed up for the playoff game.  

44 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

The latter. KC fans will try to put enough sugar on this too make swallowing the pill easier. End of the day, you can try to bury his character all you want, but MP hasn't had any issues with the NFL offices. No PEDs, drugs, etc. KC let an elite playmaking CB go to appease conservative ownership it looks like. 

And here we are. Andy Reid being billed as the guy who takes on these personalities and second chance guys, etc. and you just trade the best player on the team for peanuts. So what's your identity then?

Well, taking on these personalities also means to pull the cord once there's no way to continue. You may have to pay a price, but if you allow anything to pass with just a slap on the wrist you're doomed.

How many "unsportsmanlike" penalties did Peters have for (funny) bullcrap like punting balls into the crowd, throwing flags around, then leaving the field and returning without socks? How many run-ins with coaches, the final one obviously getting him suspended on a critical game. How long are you going to put up with that crap and allow it to spill over?

The Chiefs took risks with players with character concerns. Houston, Hill, Peters. Sometimes you win big, sometimes you lose. They got three great seasons out of a first round pick for cheap. That's fair payback I think. They may have been able to get more ... another year may be? But obviously friction became unbearbale. And if that's the case you cu slack and take what you get. 

Neither Dorsey nor Ballard getting into the mix tells me a lot.  

3 hours ago, 49erurtaza said:

Correction Chiefs trade 6th round pick to Rams as well

That's a trade-raping if I've ever seen one. Keep in mind that we'll also likely get a 3rd round comp pick for Trumaine Johnson in 2019. That means we're really only dropping one round due to this trade. That's amazing.

I am going to wait until the 14th before I believe anything.

That being said, if this goes down as people are saying, I am thrilled. He is a very talented, but very risky player. So I am really glad we didn't have to break the bank. Supremely talented and can really help our front 7 keep the pressure on. But... we are bringing this guy to Los Angeles. Can his ego handle being a big name in a big town? Will he mature as a person? Will he get along with other players on the team? Most importantly, can McVay handle kid like this?

We have such a great dynamic right now. This is a pretty risky move, imo. Of course, for what we are paying, the risk is well worth the reward. But you never know. People have a tendency to look at these trades and think someone got reamed. But when we look back on this in two years, we might all be laughing at how we all thought it was such a lopsided trade. Like, "Well yeah, I thought it was a steal. Who could have predicted Peters would lose his damn mind and start hanging out with Robert Downey Jr, doing cocaine every day and end up stabbing a couple transvestite hookers in Hollywood."

Lawrence Phillips. I always remember Lawrence Phillips. You think, "Nahhh, he can't get dumber." And then...

1 hour ago, Non-Issue said:

I am going to wait until the 14th before I believe anything.

That being said, if this goes down as people are saying, I am thrilled. He is a very talented, but very risky player. So I am really glad we didn't have to break the bank. Supremely talented and can really help our front 7 keep the pressure on. But... we are bringing this guy to Los Angeles. Can his ego handle being a big name in a big town? Will he mature as a person? Will he get along with other players on the team? Most importantly, can McVay handle kid like this?

We have such a great dynamic right now. This is a pretty risky move, imo. Of course, for what we are paying, the risk is well worth the reward. But you never know. People have a tendency to look at these trades and think someone got reamed. But when we look back on this in two years, we might all be laughing at how we all thought it was such a lopsided trade. Like, "Well yeah, I thought it was a steal. Who could have predicted Peters would lose his damn mind and start hanging out with Robert Downey Jr, doing cocaine every day and end up stabbing a couple transvestite hookers in Hollywood."

Lawrence Phillips. I always remember Lawrence Phillips. You think, "Nahhh, he can't get dumber." And then...

Honestly Peters fits better in a big city near a coast.

A lot of his issues with the fans will disappear in a larger market.  I will miss Marcus for sure

Archived