Marcus Peters traded to Rams

WizardHawk

I wouldn't be completely floored if the compensation were somewhere around that rumor. It seems to me like the Chiefs were really looking to get away from Peters, and it sounds like the market was pretty weak. There may not have been much wiggle room. Supposedly the niners were interested but never offered anything. The only team that I've heard made a real offer to the Chiefs was the Rams, and if that is the case, you're kind of stuck if you're really looking to get away from him. 

6 minutes ago, yrba1 said:

If true, Andy Reid must be getting senile icon_lol.gif

I just think that they wanted him gone (and apparently, he wanted gone). The relationship seems somewhat toxic, and there doesn't appear to have been any real market for him.

2 hours ago, 49erurtaza said:

Yeah I saw that not sure how true it is

We have three 6ths this year, but I think we traded our only 7th for Derek Carrier.

It's also possible that conditional 3rd could have stipulations that bring it up to a 1st. Regardless, we'll have to wait and see what the compensation is.

15 minutes ago, NVRamsFan said:

We were debating if the Chiefs would actually go back on a deal like that if it leaked out and someone offered something better. I thought it would be too damaging to the reputation of the team / front office regime to do that. Nobody would want to deal with you during the off season again, a couple of other factors. Maybe if someone threw a considerably better package at them I could see them maybe doing that, but to do it for a higher pick, or an extra 5th or something like that would seem ill advised. 

7 minutes ago, Forge said:

We were debating if the Chiefs would actually go back on a deal like that if it leaked out and someone offered something better. I thought it would be too damaging to the reputation of the team / front office regime to do that. Nobody would want to deal with you during the off season again, a couple of other factors. Maybe if someone threw a considerably better package at them I could see them maybe doing that, but to do it for a higher pick, or an extra 5th or something like that would seem ill advised. 

Chiefs did it to us on Tony G :(

Just now, Forge said:

If I remember right though, that was Peterson jacking up the price at the last second.

Could have been. I don't recall how the story went.  It wasn't the same, I just wanted to be sad about it for a second lol

5 hours ago, 49erurtaza said:

Yeah I saw that not sure how true it is

Too talented and cheap for that deal, wow. I still would have offered a 2nd to ****** him up and bring him to pair with Fuller in Chicago. If extended then a conditional pick in 2019 even. The guy is just too damn talented to pass up.

Archived