Rams expected to make trade for Marcus Peters

RamRod

52 minutes ago, JonStark said:

Can’t be our 1st, can it?

If we can make this movie without giving that up, I would be very impressed. But Rap is saying that it is a package of picks. So who knows?

This is a huge move, out of nowhere, and a great way to star the offseason.

1 minute ago, StLunatic88 said:

If we can make this movie without giving that up, I would be very impressed. But Rap is saying that it is a package of picks. So who knows?

This is a huge move, out of nowhere, and a great way to star the offseason.

I wouldn’t be surprised it’s a first and a 3 or 4. It’s definitely a big move. 

Good to have some news to talk about. 

40 minutes ago, RamRod said:

How we gonna afford some of these contracts in the next couple years? We better win the Super Bowl.

I’m under the impression teams can afford what they want. They can restructure and move things around. Plus it helps to have a QB who is still in his rookie deal. That’s how the Seahawks built their team with a solid oline strong run game and still had an elite defense across the board. They did it with Wilson still being in his rookie deal. 

29 minutes ago, RamRod said:

How we gonna afford some of these contracts in the next couple years? We better win the Super Bowl.

Just like has been said many times, we could have brought back all the guys this year and still started Donalds extension.

This just pushes one of those contracts back 2 years i think (Tru->Peters) and that CB would deserve the top doallars that we would shell out.

Also by the time we pay Peters and Goff, guys like Quinn, Ogletree, Whitworth and others will be off the books. Its just a wheel that you have to keep smoothing out year to year (and the Cap will be going up year to year)

1 hour ago, JonStark said:

Yeah, until he wants a massive contract in two years.

As long as he can keep his mind right, I love it, but trading a 1st for a guy who has outbursts like he does and will want to get paid in two years is a lot

Not really.  We as fans tend to overvalue draft picks - largely because we as fans tend to make the assumption that they're going to pan out and live up to their potential.

Also, I'm not trying to discount the "outbursts," but how many have them been real outbursts and how many of them are just people not liking the loud manner in which he chose to represent himself.  Peters is every bit of the Bay Area/Oakland/Richmond kind of guy - not unlike Takk McKinley; they're loud, brash, animated, passionate... it's just part of the culture.  And sometimes that culture can rub more buttoned-up traditionalist sorts (which definitely includes Lamar Hunt and could well include Andy Reid) the wrong way.

Just now, StLunatic88 said:

I mean, good for us, but we are in no real Cap danger. Maybe that allow us to sign Talib to a short deal or something like that. But we could have done that anyway

More money to resign Watkins, Joyner etc etc etc More money to extend AD. You're right we aren't cap strapped but lets not pretend like more cap space isn't a good thing.

16 minutes ago, NVRamsFan said:

Best part of the trade honestly so far.

I agree that makes this trade even better. Again I like Tru Johnson and wish him well on another team, hopefully it’s not the Niners (they wanted to get Peters too), but saving a ton of money by not signing Tru and getting an upgrade and younger in Peters. The Rams are winning lol.

Okay so, this is going to be the start of a great secondary.  Lamarcus Joyner was probably the most under-appreciated player in the entire league last season.  He really is a freaking awesome player.  I think the world of Peters.  Both of those guys together through their prime... with that defensive line.  

It's just gross to think about.

Archived