The Official Recruiting Thread

1King

Every school better start making plans to stop getting whoever they want out of South Florida. I have a feeling the U is about to start locking up the region. Florida State is having an inexplicably bad year. Florida has been off the rails for a little while. 

21 hours ago, RollEagles said:

Every school better start making plans to stop getting whoever they want out of South Florida. I have a feeling the U is about to start locking up the region. Florida State is having an inexplicably bad year. Florida has been off the rails for a little while. 

As of right now, you're probably right.

They are sitting in a great spot for 2019, in position to land pretty much every single one of their top targets in South FL.

As far as 2018 goes, they have only missed on 1 guy they have specifically targeted in South Florida and that is Patrick Joyner.

I would say that there is a very good chance he ends up at Miami.

Miami is also leading for Tyson Campbell, who if I had to guess today, I'd pencil him in as the final DB in the class.

Just now, devils1854 said:

@RollEagles Looks like yall are about to pick up TE Dominick Wood Anderson. Does that mean Luke Ford is likely out, or will Bama take 2 TEs this cycle? I know Georgia has been trying to put the full court press on Ford.

I honestly haven't been following recruiting as closely this year. Just based on the past few recruiting classes and the contributions on the field for Alabama this year, I can't imagine Alabama would take any TE beyond Dominick Wood Anderson. They have a bunch of young TEs who are playing and seeing the field early. Irv Smith and Hale Hentges are just two off the top of my head.

4 hours ago, RollEagles said:

I honestly haven't been following recruiting as closely this year. Just based on the past few recruiting classes and the contributions on the field for Alabama this year, I can't imagine Alabama would take any TE beyond Dominick Wood Anderson. They have a bunch of young TEs who are playing and seeing the field early. Irv Smith and Hale Hentges are just two off the top of my head.

Excellent. That would bode very well for Georgia.

Sounds like Anthony Cook is basically a UT/LSU battle, somehow OSU has fallen out of this one despite being the heavy favorite for a long long time. Wiltfong put in his CB for UT, and OSU is pushing for Houston Griffith to take an OV. 

1 hour ago, ak23 said:

Sounds like Anthony Cook is basically a UT/LSU battle, somehow OSU has fallen out of this one despite being the heavy favorite for a long long time. Wiltfong put in his CB for UT, and OSU is pushing for Houston Griffith to take an OV. 

Griffith would be a nice consolation. Something tells me that being put on the back burner for so long hurts those chances though. Cook seems like a Longhorn at this point. Not sure why things cooled off with OSU, but I can’t be mad at a kid for staying close to home. 2018 recruiting momentum has certainly stalled though. Cook trending away, Togiai probably heading to Washington, trailing PSU for Tyreke Smith, and OSU no longer really recruiting Micah Parsons. All of those guys except Togiai seemed like a foregone conclusion six weeks ago. Still should be a top 3 class and has a good chance at still being #1. Just not the historic class it was shaping up to be at one point. Wouldn’t be surprised if Babb committed this weekend though at his official visit. Emory Jones’ visit is probably the big story this weekend as far as recruiting. He needs to either poop or get off the pot. He’s either going to decommit or re-affirm things and shut them down.