The Official Recruiting Thread

1King

1 hour ago, TENINCH said:

Yeah I don't understand Fields decision. Jimbo is great at developing QB's and getting them ready to play in the NFL. Good luck in Georgia.

Developing? Sure. He's gotten guys in the NFL in this decade. Getting them ready to play there? He's 1-3 and the one that has been successful was a huge recruit like Eason. Why should that push Fields to FSU?

6 minutes ago, devils1854 said:

Fields is easily the best recruit. He has the highest composite(with Lawrence) since Vince Young in 2002. If he doesnt redshirt next year(he's up for it), I think he could beat out both Eason and Fromm. 

His other two options were Auburn and Florida State and he would have sat a year at both. 

You think they're going to start him over Fromm? Coaches nearly always choose experience over talent. 

And at Auburn he'd have a better chance then Georgia. I don't agree with those choice either.

Penn St. was probably his best chance to play early. 

2 minutes ago, Supersuavesky said:

You think they're going to start him over Fromm? Coaches nearly always choose experience over talent. 

And at Auburn he'd have a better chance then Georgia. I don't agree with those choice either.

Penn St. was probably his best chance to play early. 

Kirby doesnt go by any of that. Kirby goes by who is better this week in practice. We've had freshman play all over the place this year. 

1 minute ago, devils1854 said:

Fromm hasnt even been good. Eason will be the starter by Florida since he is healthy now. 

I mean, for a true freshman to just get thrown in there, I can't say I'm not impressed w/ how he's played. Has he been a world-beater? Not at all but he's still been pretty damn good at leading that offense.

[hottake]Tbh, Fields and Lawrence should swap schools, imo. His skill set is going to get minimized in UGA's offense, and I'd venture a guess Clemson's offense doesn't operate nearly as effectively without a dynamic running threat at QB, which Lawrence is not. [/hottake]

2 minutes ago, Texasmade said:

[hottake]Tbh, Fields and Lawrence should swap schools, imo. His skill set is going to get minimized in UGA's offense, and I'd venture a guess Clemson's offense doesn't operate nearly as effectively without a dynamic running threat at QB, which Lawrence is not. [/hottake]

This is a fair point. Would be good to see.

8 minutes ago, devils1854 said:

Fromm hasnt even been good. Eason will be the starter by Florida since he is healthy now. 

Huh?

I wish my QB was playing as well as he was. Thrown in to the fire and doing pretty respectable. Last week was by far his worst game but it didn't matter because they went up by so much and he was taken out pretty early. Doesn't he only have like 3 INTs to near 10 TDs or something?

EDIT: Just looked it up.

It's 8 TDs to 2 INTs on nearly 60%. Pretty good considering he wasn't prepared to play much at all going in to this year. 

Edited by Supersuavesky

51 minutes ago, devils1854 said:

Developing? Sure. He's gotten guys in the NFL in this decade. Getting them ready to play there? He's 1-3 and the one that has been successful was a huge recruit like Eason. Why should that push Fields to FSU?

Once they are in the NFL their development falls on the new coaching staff. If they don't succeed that's not Jimbo's fault.

56 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

I mean, for a true freshman to just get thrown in there, I can't say I'm not impressed w/ how he's played. Has he been a world-beater? Not at all but he's still been pretty damn good at leading that offense.

You can say the same about Eason a a true freshman last year. 59% 2400 16-8, and that was with a bad offensive line, no standout receiver, and a defense/special teams no where as good as this year. 

57 minutes ago, Texasmade said:

We have read principals in the offense. We just dont use them as much with the QBs we have. Fromm scored a TD last week on a read play. 

53 minutes ago, Supersuavesky said:

Huh?

I wish my QB was playing as well as he was. Thrown in to the fire and doing pretty respectable. Last week was by far his worst game but it didn't matter because they went up by so much and he was taken out pretty early. Doesn't he only have like 3 INTs to near 10 TDs or something?

EDIT: Just looked it up.

It's 8 TDs to 2 INTs on nearly 60%. Pretty good considering he wasn't prepared to play much at all going in to this year. 

Have you actually watched any of the games?

Fromm threw 3 passes in his first game that would have been picks in the SEC. 

He was 55% against Notre Dame for 141 yards 1 TD, 1 INT

against Tennessee he was 47% for 89 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT

He is not good, and is over his head.