The Official Recruiting Thread

1King

3 minutes ago, devils1854 said:

Have you actually watched any of the games?

Fromm threw 3 passes in his first game that would have been picks in the SEC. 

He was 55% against Notre Dame for 141 yards 1 TD, 1 INT

against Tennessee he was 47% for 89 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT

He is not good, and is over his head. 

And Fields wouldn't be any different?

You're shorting Fromm. He's a freshman thrown in before he was ready. Come talk to me about QB. If Lee played as well as he is right now we'd probably be undefeated. 

You're just over the moon about Fields. That's understandable. But don't pretend like Fromm is crap just because you got a new recruit. 

13 minutes ago, Supersuavesky said:

And Fields wouldn't be any different?

You're shorting Fromm. He's a freshman thrown in before he was ready. Come talk to me about QB. If Lee played as well as he is right now we'd probably be undefeated. 

You're just over the moon about Fields. That's understandable. But don't pretend like Fromm is crap just because you got a new recruit. 

Im saying Fromm isnt playing any better than Eason last year as a true freshman.

Fields is probably redshirting next year, and will be the QB in 2019. 

But, I do believe that Fields would be better as a true freshman than Fromm given the chance. There's a difference between the #1 recruit and the #46 recruit, with both coming in for the spring of their first year, especially with Fields having the ability with his legs. 

Edited by devils1854

8 minutes ago, Supersuavesky said:

By 2019 Fromm will probably be a junior.

You think they'd start a redshirt Freshman over a junior with experience? I don't see that.

Kirby will start the best player, no matter the class. He made a lot of guys transfer the past two years because of it. 

Plus, lets say Eason comes back in and starts the rest of the year and next year. 2019 will be a wide open race between the two. 

Edit:Thats assuming Eason is gone in 3 years with his tools

Edited by devils1854

A) QB is different. And experience and offensive command matter more then talent. You can't just throw a younger guy out there because he runs faster and throws harder.

B) Eason is a sophomore. There's a good chance he'll be there in 2019 as well in that scenario. 

Either way unless both Eason and Fromm completely tank, which is pretty unlikely, Fields might not see the field until his RS Sophomore or RS Junior year.

7 minutes ago, Supersuavesky said:

A) QB is different. And experience and offensive command matter more then talent. You can't just throw a younger guy out there because he runs faster and throws harder.

B) Eason is a sophomore. There's a good chance he'll be there in 2019 as well in that scenario. 

Either way unless both Eason and Fromm completely tank, which is pretty unlikely, Fields might not see the field until his RS Sophomore or RS Junior year.

Maybe, but I love the problem.

Kirby is getting almost whoever he wants. Pull in Salyer soon and that 3 of the top 7 nationally., and thats not counting the 3 5* that Georgia already has for 2019. 

1 hour ago, devils1854 said:

We have read principals in the offense. We just dont use them as much with the QBs we have. Fromm scored a TD last week on a read play. 

Having a few read options in the playbook, isn't the same as having an entire read option offense, built around a kid's skill set. He'd be much better suited in an offense likes Clemson's, which is just that, than UGA's. Ditto for Lawrence and UGA's offense.

2 minutes ago, Texasmade said:

Having a few read options in the playbook, isn't the same as having an entire read option offense, built around a kid's skill set. He'd be much better suited in an offense likes Clemson's, which is just that, than UGA's. Ditto for Lawrence and UGA's offense.

maybe..probably....but Kirby has been adamant about getting a dual threat QB, so hopefully they have a pan, and knowing Kirby, there is one. 

I mean, Bama went from Coker to Hurts, and it was fine. 

53 minutes ago, devils1854 said:

maybe..probably....but Kirby has been adamant about getting a dual threat QB, so hopefully they have a pan, and knowing Kirby, there is one. 

I mean, Bama went from Coker to Hurts, and it was fine. 

Well yeah partially because the Bama OC position is basically rehab.

UGA should have plenty of time to incorporate more spread concepts in the offense for Fields though.