The Official Recruiting Thread

1King

22 hours ago, ak23 said:

Sounds like Parsons is third on OSU's DL board behind Tyreke Smith and Jayson Oweh. 

Also sounds like Smith is leaning more and more to Penn State. Realistic scenario where OSU lands Oweh, Nebraska lands Parsons and Penn State lands Smith. 

I thought Tyreke Smith was almost a given for OSU, Oweh leaning PSU, and Parsons still up in the air between the two of them. Penn State IIRC has both their starting DE's graduating this year so that'd give him that early playing time he's looking for.

2 hours ago, Danger said:

I thought Tyreke Smith was almost a given for OSU, Oweh leaning PSU, and Parsons still up in the air between the two of them. Penn State IIRC has both their starting DE's graduating this year so that'd give him that early playing time he's looking for.

Neither DE is graduating. Of the 6 guys in the rotation, one is a junior, two are sophomores, and three are freshman. The two most talented are freshman.

58 minutes ago, utley4568 said:

Neither DE is graduating. Of the 6 guys in the rotation, one is a junior, two are sophomores, and three are freshman. The two most talented are freshman.

Right, I think I'm remembering last years team or something....

Shane Simmons is a name I recall.

7 hours ago, Texasmade said:

Urbz needs more pixie dust, imo.

Wish we had some in the first place. I'd love to have the problems OSU and Bama do about having room to even take prospects.

I'm just surprised we're in the top two for a 5* prospect. The only other two I can remember were Marlon Lucky and Aaron Green (ESPN). It's been years since we've had even somewhat of a chance at a top ranking player. 

50 minutes ago, Viewsfromthe206 said:

Some PSU CB's for Micah Parsons, what's going on there?

Wiltfong followed by a couple guys that usually mirror whomever he picks for people. In a matter of a week and a half, Wiltfong has CB'd Parsons from OSU to Nebraska to "cloudy" to PSU. In short, I think it's pretty up in the air and far from over.

13 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Wiltfong followed by a couple guys that usually mirror whomever he picks for people. In a matter of a week and a half, Wiltfong has CB'd Parsons from OSU to Nebraska to "cloudy" to PSU. In short, I think it's pretty up in the air and far from over.

That's the Micah Parsons recruitment in a nutshell. Don't really pay much attention until there is a firm, imminent decision date because things change often.

23 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Just noticed that Andrew Lind put in crystal balls for Nicholas Petit-Frere to OSU and Jackson Carman to USC... hmm.

Buckeyes moving on?

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

35 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Just noticed that Andrew Lind put in crystal balls for Nicholas Petit-Frere to OSU and Jackson Carman to USC... hmm.

Buckeyes moving on?

I don't really think Lind is that much in the know. He sometimes puts in early picks and then just kind of follows what other people do (like Wiltfong) down the road.

• Like 2