Free Agency Discussion

candyman93

10 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

His blocking numbers seemed to be down last year. Can he catch at all? Or does he have telfair hands?

Lived near Detroit so watched a lot of Lions games last year.  He caught pretty well.  He played well all around as a TE.  They wanted to resign him.  It was a good move for 4m a year

Carlos Hyde is now the 8th highest paid RB in the NFL and we are in talks with Duke Johnson about an extension. I would say it is a safe bet that we are for sure passing on Saquan Barkley. We are about to have a form wide melt down when we take Josh Allen #1 overall and then trade #4 to Buffalo for less than value. 

2 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

We brought him to pick the correct hole and run through it as fast as possible

Exactly he’s a much better fit for power run schemes 

he’ll be similar to Levon bell in terms of how he runs and then Duke will be our pass catching option

Crowell is a ZBS back straight up he was never going to maximize his skill set here 

give me Guice Nick Chubb or my guy Rolls Royce later and I’m great I love Royce at 65

1 minute ago, TheeRealDeal said:

Carlos Hyde is now the 8th highest paid RB in the NFL and we are in talks with Duke Johnson about an extension. I would say it is a safe bet that we are for sure passing on Saquan Barkley. 

I’ve been telling you goobers this for two months. ;)

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’ve been telling you goobers this for two months. ;)

I am perfectly happy with it. I just had a feeling it was going to happen. Now hopefully my feeling that John Dorsey likes Josh Allen the best will go away too. My #1 option has always been Denzel Ward. I think he is perfect for shutting down Antonio Brown. Baker Mayfield is my guy at QB. Get me those two and I'm happy.

Lions should have resigned Fells. You guys will really Benifit with him. Yes he’s older, but still does a very good job at blocking & protecting the QB. As far as his hands, he hauls in everything thrown his way. Caldwell had no clue on how to use his talent. Fells was good at finding the 1st down markers & moving the sticks. Had some great TD catches with defenders all over him. Problem was, Caldwell kept going to stone hands Ebron in the Red Zone. Fells will be that quite, unnoticed player that will come out of nowhere & make the big catch. You will be pleasantly surprised at how good he is for an Old Man. And yes, he will earn every bit of that contract. 

9 minutes ago, GetDownandDirty said:

Lions should have resigned Fells. You guys will really Benifit with him. Yes he’s older, but still does a very good job at blocking & protecting the QB. As far as his hands, he hauls in everything thrown his way. Caldwell had no clue on how to use his talent. Fells was good at finding the 1st down markers & moving the sticks. Had some great TD catches with defenders all over him. Problem was, Caldwell kept going to stone hands Ebron in the Red Zone. Fells will be that quite, unnoticed player that will come out of nowhere & make the big catch. You will be pleasantly surprised at how good he is for an Old Man. And yes, he will earn every bit of that contract. 

And the good news is, though he will be 32 in just over a month, he hasn't played in the NFL all that long.

He played basketball overseas for years and didn't enter the NFL until he was 28.

I think hes got plenty of tread left on his tires...

6 minutes ago, GetDownandDirty said:

Steve Heiden 2.0 boyos.

We aren't signing big name flashy guys so far, but Dorsey is quietly killing it with meat & potatoes players, cementing the roster with depth and experience so that we'll be able to let the draft come to us, take BPA without reaching for need, and have a more seasoned locker room. QB at #1, and the possibilities at #4 are now endless.

1 minute ago, dawgdish said:

We aren't signing big name flashy guys so far, but Dorsey is quietly killing it with meat & potatoes players, cementing the roster with depth and experience so that we'll be able to let the draft come to us, take BPA without reaching for need, and have a more seasoned locker room. QB at #1, and the possibilities at #4 are now endless.

Agreed.

He’s using free agency to fill holes so you don’t have to draft for it. 

No terrible contracts, no over-the-hill big names, nothing flashy.  This is how you “win” free agency.

15 minutes ago, dawgdish said:

Dorsey wasn’t kidding with not having football players on this roster. 

Not a lot of top tier guys but it flushed the bottom of the roster crap away

Archived