Free Agency Discussion

candyman93

17 hours ago, Fatgerman said:

I try not to consider Conference when evaluating a QB.

I generally do not either, but I make an exception for the big 12.

Lord knows that we have had our share of big stat busts from that one.

1 hour ago, carl_sjunior said:

I don't think we're done anywhere. Especially at safety. We gave up late picks and Kizer for Randall, if we can upgrade that he isn't necessarily a starter. I could see us adding a WR. Coming back to Earth a bit now that AR-15 is signed I wouldn't mind bringing Pryor back on a cheap deal. Really hope we add depth at DE and along the line in general.

I'll be surprised if we add anymore safeties, unless it's strictly for depth. Yes, Randall could start at CB so it's possible that they could add a starting FS, but it seems like FS is Randall's more natural position and I think he'll do well there. Peppers moves over to his more natural SS spot, and Kindred becomes the third safety, which is where I've always said I think he fits best. I think he's capable of starting, but is better off as a top end backup.

Agree with the rest of your post, though.

8 minutes ago, bruceb said:

I generally do not either, but I make an exception for the big 12.

Lord knows that we have had our share of big stat busts from that one.

Baker is different than Weeden and Manziel. Weeden was a system guy and Manziel was a free lancer. Baker had the offense built around him and he wasn’t a free lancer at all like Manziel 

1 minute ago, DawgX said:

I'll be surprised if we add anymore safeties, unless it's strictly for depth. Yes, Randall could start at CB so it's possible that they could add a starting FS, but it seems like FS is Randall's more natural position and I think he'll do well there. Peppers moves over to his more natural SS spot, and Kindred becomes the third safety, which is where I've always said I think he fits best. I think he's capable of starting, but is better off as a top end backup.

Agree with the rest of your post, though.

I would not be shocked at all after the trade of McCourty, I don't really think that would have happened unless something was in the works.  Either adding another starter caliber CB, or another starter caliber FS so that Randall can move to CB.  The trade of McCourty has really set of my spidey senses :-D

4 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Baker is different than Weeden and Manziel. Weeden was a system guy and Manziel was a free lancer. Baker had the offense built around him and he wasn’t a free lancer at all like Manziel 

Don't forget McCoy.

3 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Don't forget McCoy.

McCoy just did not have the arm.  Manziel was more than just a freelancer.  I think he could have been very good if he had just had his head on right and been willing to do the work.  Honestly, I am pulling for the guy, I like to see everyone work well, and like hearing success stories.  He seems to want it now, and is willing to start in the summer league, then the CFL to prove himself and earn that 2nd chance.  I hope that he does well even if he did screw the Browns.

11 minutes ago, DizzyDean said:

McCoy just did not have the arm.  Manziel was more than just a freelancer.  I think he could have been very good if he had just had his head on right and been willing to do the work.  Honestly, I am pulling for the guy, I like to see everyone work well, and like hearing success stories.  He seems to want it now, and is willing to start in the summer league, then the CFL to prove himself and earn that 2nd chance.  I hope that he does well even if he did screw the Browns.

Was going to "Like" but I have reached my limit and been blocked.

Wonder whether/when Webby is going to limit posts?

1 minute ago, bruceb said:

Was going to "Like" but I have reached my limit and been blocked.

Wonder whether/when Webby is going to limit posts?

No idea, but honestly, Manziel seems sincere now, and I believe what he said.  He came to us not having any idea how much work it required to be an NFL QB, he said he came in, put in his time, and went home.  There was no one in house that told him that was not nearly enough.  Not knowing that guys like Brady go above and beyond to be the best, and put in tons of extra time.

That is one worry I have about Mayfield. I really couldn't care less about his height or his on field antics, but I am slightly concerned about the offense he played in and the defenses he faced. I'm still a big fan of his though, but it is some cause for concern.

As for Weeden, everyone could see he had bust written all over him. He might have been worth the gamble had he been 5-6 years younger, so that was an awful pick from the start.

McCoy just didn't have the arm strength to be truly successful in this league, and he fell into the third round because of it.

And I'm still convinced that Manziel could have become at least an average starter, if not better, had he not been such an immature idiot off the field.

Then there's guys like Braford and Mahomes. I was never a big Bradford fan, but he's shown that he's a pretty good player WHEN he's healthy, which is hardly ever. And the jury is obviously still out on Mahomes.

I was about to mention Dalton, but then I remembered that TCU wasn't in the Big 12 at the time.

I have no concerns what so ever when it comes to Mayfield, he get the Manziel label due to off field stuff, maybe he does like to party, but he also is supremely motivated and driven to succeed.  That can not be questioned.  The guy went from walk on to Heisman winner.  He may be the most driven and hungry prospect that I have seen coming out.  He literally refuses to fail.

5 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

He’s something else...

5 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

lmao this f’ing guy

LOL...everything Hue says irks you types to no end...

He hired David Lee who loved Tyrod Taylor and the Browns along with Hue angled to get him last year if he was released and they also tried to trade for him last year.

It was reported at the time, but fell on deaf ears as we were all still glowing from having what we thought was a great draft and a shiny big arm QB with upside.

It's a fact that Hue wanted Tyrod.

It's also a fact that Hue wanted AJ out of desperation.

To me, any QB evaluator would see that Tyrod is a better mentor than AJ (the young hot shot cocky, I got my chance now so F-you guy). Beyond that Tyrod is a better overall player than AJ.

The fact that it's so hard for you lot to believe Hue, Zampese, Haley, and the FO agreed that Tyrod was the right choice instead of the popularly circulated low hanging Fruit of "Tyrod coming here instead of AJ proves there's a new Sheriff in town, John Dorsey's his name, and thank God Hue has little say in the QBs we get because there's no way Hue liked Tyrod more than AJ given that he tried to trade for AJ and hugged him. DORSEY....DORSEY....DORSEY....FIRE HUE...FIRE HUE...FIRE HUE..."

Archived