Minor Niner News Thread

y2lamanaki

Crazy loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooonnnnngggggg read about Nick's past.. and the Bosas.... 

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/49ers/nick-bosa-intuitively-drawn-sport-shaped-his-life-nfl-draft-future

Nick Bosa intuitively drawn to sport that shaped his life, NFL draft future

By Matt Maiocco April 16, 2019 6:55 AM

On this early day of her son’s football life, Cheryl paid particularly close attention. From her vantage point far across the field, she saw Nick approach one of the coaches. He walked up to a man in an untucked shirt and got his attention the only way a kid his size knew. Then, young Nick looked straight up and said something. The coach, looking down at a boy half his size, could be seen listening and nodding his head. Then, the coach pointed in a direction that Nick immediately went bounding toward. “I find out later they’d put Nick with the offense,” Cheryl Bosa recalled. “And he walked up to this guy, totally by himself, tugged on his shirt and said, ‘I don’t want to play offense. I want to play defense.’ ” The coach granted his young player’s wish and sent him to practice with the defense. Most kids his age dream of scoring touchdowns. Nick Bosa yearned for strip-sacks.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

Impressive! I love that so many are doing the 90s comparisons for us. We were pretty darn good then. 

Sorry we couldn't get you another SB, Steve! Not enough resources dedicated to the OL. We did him dirty, IMO. Montana too, some of those years. Which is why I still want more invested. Tomlinson and Richburg are doing well, but we should replace Person.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

Impressive! I love that so many are doing the 90s comparisons for us. We were pretty darn good then. 

Sorry we couldn't get you another SB, Steve! Not enough resources dedicated to the OL. We did him dirty, IMO. Montana too, some of those years. Which is why I still want more invested. Tomlinson and Richburg are doing well, but we should replace Person.

Interior OL is the way I have been looking with our first for a while now. Agreed that Person is the guy who needs a challenger. Not that he's been bad - but he's the one over 30 with more question marks than the others. And on a team this deep, we're almost certainly looking for guys merely to compete rather than start.

WR is the other question mark, depending on a lot of second half of the season questions that are yet unanswered. But if we enter 2020 with 2 of the current versions of Deebo, Pettis, and Goodwin as the penciled-in starters, I will not be content. If we re-sign Sanders, or either Pettis or Deebo break out in the second half of the season, I'll be okay. Otherwise, there are some receivers who may be available at our pick as an option behind interior OL.

And FS is the other option. To compete with someone, whomever that might be. 

1 minute ago, y2lamanaki said:

Interior OL is the way I have been looking with our first for a while now. Agreed that Person is the guy who needs a challenger. Not that he's been bad - but he's the one over 30 with more question marks than the others. And on a team this deep, we're almost certainly looking for guys merely to compete rather than start.

WR is the other question mark, depending on a lot of second half of the season questions that are yet unanswered. But if we enter 2020 with 2 of the current versions of Deebo, Pettis, and Goodwin as the penciled-in starters, I will not be content. If we re-sign Sanders, or either Pettis or Deebo break out in the second half of the season, I'll be okay. Otherwise, there are some receivers who may be available at our pick as an option behind interior OL.

And FS is the other option. To compete with someone, whomever that might be. 

CeeDee Lamb! I think he would fit marvelously into this Offense. WRs at Oklahoma MUST block in Riley's O.

• Like 1

Just now, Chrissooner49er said:

CeeDee Lamb! I think he would fit marvelously into this Offense. WRs at Oklahoma MUST block in Riley's O.

Seriously, he's my favorite non-Jeudy option this year. I mentioned him on the podcast the only time we did a draft preview. The problem is that he keeps sneaking up the draft boards. I've seen him as high as top 10 in mocks (though, there's a LONG way to go there).

1 minute ago, y2lamanaki said:

Seriously, he's my favorite non-Jeudy option this year. I mentioned him on the podcast the only time we did a draft preview. The problem is that he keeps sneaking up the draft boards. I've seen him as high as top 10 in mocks (though, there's a LONG way to go there).

Yup. I am one who usually would prefer players finish their degree, but there is SOOOOOO much backlog at the WR position at Oklahoma, that I really think he is better off declaring as a Jr.

Lots of talk, nationally, about how historically great the Patriots' defense is this season. We've played one less game than them, so our numbers don't match equally, but if you put our game averages together with our season numbers, this is how the 49ers and Patriots match up side-by-side through eight games:

Total Yards

49ers: 1,795 

Patriots: 1,872

Passing Yards

49ers: 1,030 

Patriots: 1,190 

Rushing Yards

Patriots: 682 

49ers: 766 

Patriots: 61 

49ers: 88 

Turnovers

Patriots: 25 

49ers: 18

Sacks

49ers: 31

Patriots: 31

Penalties

Patriots: 55

49ers:  59

The 49ers really aren't far behind the Patriots' historic defense, which is pretty amazing. I hope these two teams meet up in the Super Bowl.

39 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Remember though, they have played one more game than us. 

But yeah, I mentioned yesterday but it seems like there are TWO historical defenses currently playing, not only one. 

I think you missed the part at the beginning where I said I took our season averages and used them to total 8 games worth of statistics to make the comparison. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

He's been amazing thus far. 

He really has been. The thing I love most about his play is that he's willing to hit you and he's sticky in coverage. We haven't seen him get turned around or get straight-up burnt. He has the speed and athleticism to cover receivers deep downfield and the technical skills to be in the right place at the right time. Even if he doesn't turn into a starting corner, he's one heck of a depth piece and makes me feel much better about the long-term prospects of our CB group. 

• Like 1