Minor Niner News Thread

y2lamanaki

On 10/23/2019 at 2:40 PM, NcFinest9erFan said:

Two draft-day trades from the 2019 draft to keep in mind that could be relevant for the Niners:

Seahawks - Giants trade: Seahawks traded pick number 30 to Giants for their 2019 2nd, 4th, and 5th

Rams - Falcons trade: Rams traded pick number 31 and their 6th to the Falcons for their 2019 2nd and 3rd

I would happily do either of these trades in the 2020 draft. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Forge said:

I'd happily take a third and given someone Denver's 5. 

I like the way you think 

Emmanuel Sanders, 3rd round pick

For

Cj beathard, 3rd round pick, fourth round pick 

That would be fantastic

• Like 3

7 hours ago, N4L said:

I like the way you think 

Emmanuel Sanders, 3rd round pick

For

Cj beathard, 3rd round pick, fourth round pick 

That would be fantastic

We'd be basically giving Beathard and a fourth simply to move up in the third... AND get a great receiver. Honestly, on draft day, I would probably consider giving Beathard and a fourth to move up in the third. But now we're getting a WR who is going to help us right away this year.

I was on twitter earlier, and I mentioned that I do love Beathard. He's tough as nails, teammates undoubtedly love the guy. But he's not a good enough QB. He would be a better H-Back than QB. Tough. As. Nails. Decent athleticism. And imagine the trick plays.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, rudyZ said:

I was on twitter earlier, and I mentioned that I do love Beathard. He's tough as nails, teammates undoubtedly love the guy. But he's not a good enough QB. He would be a better H-Back than QB. Tough. As. Nails. Decent athleticism. And imagine the trick plays.

Agree, he is tough. But I said it his rookie year, and I'll continue to say it now, toughness is not the best attribute I want out of my quarterback. I agree with you 100%

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

The 2019 49ers are the most well-coached, well-oiled, dangerous 49ers team I've ever seen. I am in awe of this team right now. Shanahan for Coach of the Year!

Yes, it's been really fun to watch most of the offense. All the razzle dazzle misdirection, counters, tosses, etc. I worry about fumbles/goofs with these things.. and I think a more cautious approach in the deep RZ is often the wise approach.. but it really is a fun entity to behold. 

... and then, we get to see the defense have its turn. :)