Minor Niner News Thread

y2lamanaki

4 hours ago, y2lamanaki said:

I would give the job back to Witherspoon when he's healthy (and rotate as necessary). Players shouldn't lose their job due to injury. We know it happens, but they shouldn't, especially when they were playing great football at the time of the injury (as Witherspoon was). That sort of thing can create rifts, and part of the magic of this team is their chemistry. Don't mess with that - make Witherspoon lose the job on the field (which I'm very doubtful would happen, so Moseley just has to wait a season and a half to get his job back when Sherman leaves). 

I agree with this, but I would still mix in Moseley more with Spoon.

Spoon gets the starting recognition, but let's mix it up to get Spoon "back in football shape"... you know.. to be kind and helpful. ( wink wink )

Then, see how it goes.

• Like 1

I'd do this in a heartbeat. CJ is not needed. Gabriel is another guy who knows the system. Sanders/Deebo/Gabriel is a winning WR corps with this roster. The fact that Goodwin, Pettis, Bourne, and James would just be reserves would be a great thing. 

Agree.. though I wouldn't be quick to insert Gabriel above Goodwin. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, y2lamanaki said:

Agreed all around. I don't like monochromatic uniforms, in general, though I will say I VASTLY prefer the all-whites to the all-blacks. Those make me want to go blind. 

I do love the '94 throwback throwbacks, though. Our guys would look great in these: 

20080926_084508_steveyoung.jpg?w=400

20100804_115604_rice.jpg?w=369

9ff31977280094cc6f771d5b90f53b09--americ

Image result for Bryant Young

I dislike the fact that these unis almost entirely lacked any gold (other than the helmets). Garnet and Gold are the main colors of this team and should be the dominant ones, IMO.

7 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

I dislike the fact that these unis almost entirely lacked any gold (other than the helmets). Garnet and Gold are the main colors of this team and should be the dominant ones, IMO.

That's totally fair. I prefer the red and gold to all of them (I think our main home unis are objectively top 5). I wouldn't want those I posted as the main uniforms again. But given that even the '94 uniforms were throwbacks to the 50s, I am totally happy with bringing them out once a year. But red/white over all white.

I prefer the white stripes over all the black outline in those uniforms. Less black outline is a far better thing. I hated that trend. It made a lot of good uniforms worse (like the Lions for example).

For my money:

80s uniforms/present uniforms > '98 to '08 uniforms > '94 home throwback > '96-'97 uniforms > all white uniforms > weird '59-'63 silver helmet uniforms >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> all black uniforms with red socks > all black color rush uniforms.

39 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

as always, best Niners uni =

frankgorepl2__59735.1419569507.500.659.j

( less white stripe was a good thing, imo )

:x  Yes, the more gold the better!

Why we couldn't get a red or gold color rush uni instead of that hideous black is beyond me (and I like to wear black!).

Edited by Chrissooner49er

48 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

:x  Yes, the more gold the better!

Why we couldn't get a red or gold color rush uni instead of that hideous black is beyond me (and I like to wear black!).

Why couldn't we just avoid color rush altogether is my question? While improvements over the all-black, these are not great either:

5170817179_37e08114c9_o.jpg

qazzg1e3rz701.jpg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, oldman9er said:

as always, best Niners uni =

frankgorepl2__59735.1419569507.500.659.j

( less white stripe was a good thing, imo )

I too loved these unis also. I just thought the red color was off. It was more scarlet than red which I didn't agree with. But I realky liked the red facemasks. I hated the grey facemask in our glory years. Just always looked weird to me....

Edited by 757-NINER

Why couldn't we just avoid color rush altogether is my question? While improvements over the all-black, these are not great either:

5170817179_37e08114c9_o.jpg

qazzg1e3rz701.jpg

I've ALWAYS wanted us in gold jersey. Even as a kid, I thought it would look great with the red and white  Love that look in the Crabtree pick. 

I really wouldn't have a problem with the black jerseys if they had incoperated gold more in the look. Would have preferred they outlined the numbers and letters in gold and went with a nice gold piping down the pants...

Edited by 757-NINER

I cant stand the lettering on our jerseys. The numbers with no shading look like we are some amateur team where our moms ironed on the numbers right before the game. We need to add some black shading around our the numbers to give them depth

That is the only reason I want the white jerseys we wore on sunday to be our full time away jerseys (just the jerseys, keep the regular gold pants). The black shading looked good, with the exception of a few numbers (the underside of the 2 looked dumb, the fact 4s didn't show any white through the window of the 4 looked stupid also). 

RXD7H6AZDYXYPPKY3CRIVC6DYA.jpg

san-francisco-49ers-offensive-coordinato

Would LOVE if we brought these unis back once a year. We were just so God-awful most of the years we wore these, I think they bring back bad memories, for fans and the organization alike. But I just always liked the look. Just brighten up that red and its a easy win for me...

Edited by 757-NINER
  • Like 1