Minor Niner News Thread

y2lamanaki

Garrett Celek > Sam Young in terms of need, talent, and playability.

With Staley/McGlinchey back soon enough and likely nobody who would pick up Young, it makes far more sense to bring Celek off of the PUP rather than leaving him there and not being able to activate him later if needed (deadline was next week). Now we have 3 weeks to evaluate how he looks. If he can or has a chance to play, that's the simple move to make.

1 hour ago, NinerNation21 said:

My guess is that Kittle is getting some extra rest. If he's not practicing by Thursday, I'll be more worried.

I won't. Even if he doesn't practice all week, if he feels good in warm-ups on Monday night, he'll be a key player again. Let the Seahawks think Kittle is not going to play.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rudyZ said:

I won't. Even if he doesn't practice all week, if he feels good in warm-ups on Monday night, he'll be a key player again. Let the Seahawks think Kittle is not going to play.

The guy has a knee injury, an ankle injury, and a groin injury. 

He shouldn't play if he can't practice. 

This is obviously a big game, but there will be other big games, and considering we should get back some other people on offense, I would be ok with him sitting for this game 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Not surprising at all. Some said we would pick Q Wms because we had gone Dee Ford already. However, having dynamic play on only one side of the line makes things difficult...especially when the interior is already loaded with talent, by comparison.

• Like 3

On 2019-11-05 at 9:07 PM, N4L said:

The guy has a knee injury, an ankle injury, and a groin injury. 

He shouldn't play if he can't practice. 

This is obviously a big game, but there will be other big games, and considering we should get back some other people on offense, I would be ok with him sitting for this game 

I don't care about veteran starters missing a full week of practice. If it was a rookie or a recent starter, missing those practice reps is a big deal. But for Kittle? Missing one week of practice won't make him less of a weapon. I'm just saying that he should get all the rest he can get, and if in the warm-ups, he feels fine, let him play. If he's medically cleared and feels good enough to play, and the staff doesn't feel he's a big risk to aggravate, then let him play. I don't see why him practicing or not makes a difference here.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, rudyZ said:

I don't care about veteran starters missing a full week of practice. If it was a rookie or a recent starter, missing those practice reps is a big deal. But for Kittle? Missing one week of practice won't make him less of a weapon. I'm just saying that he should get all the rest he can get, and if in the warm-ups, he feels fine, let him play. If he's medically cleared and feels good enough to play, and the staff doesn't feel he's a big risk to aggravate, then let him play. I don't see why him practicing or not makes a difference here.

Well yeah, of course if there's no further risk of injury and he feels fine then he should play 

The problem is, that is clearly not the case. I will say it again, he has a groin injury, a knee injury, and an ankle injury. The knee is an mcl sprain, which means there is a tear, which means we could potentially lose him for the year if he gets hit the wrong way. Everything down there is tied together and the fact three different areas are having issues is very bad. The risk of further injury is basically guaranteed (the risk, not necessarily the actual injury)

Kittle is the type to say he is ready to go even if he is healthy. Even if he says he's fine, the risk of further injury alone is enough for me to say he should sit. This is a huge game, but every game from now on is huge and I'd rather have him in December than in November if I have to choose. 

(I am a warriors supporter and Kevin Durant's injury has me thinking differently)

Edited by N4L

3 hours ago, N4L said:

Well yeah, of course if there's no further risk of injury and he feels fine then he should play 

The problem is, that is clearly not the case. I will say it again, he has a groin injury, a knee injury, and an ankle injury. The knee is an mcl sprain, which means there is a tear, which means we could potentially lose him for the year if he gets hit the wrong way. Everything down there is tied together and the fact three different areas are having issues is very bad. The risk of further injury is basically guaranteed (the risk, not necessarily the actual injury)

Kittle is the type to say he is ready to go even if he is healthy. Even if he says he's fine, the risk of further injury alone is enough for me to say he should sit. This is a huge game, but every game from now on is huge and I'd rather have him in December than in November if I have to choose. 

(I am a warriors supporter and Kevin Durant's injury has me thinking differently)

I agree. With Juice back and a possible return of Celek to the team, I'd rather rest Kittle until he's healthy. We really gain nothing playing him now. We definitely needed his presence in the pass game w/o Juice. But now that he's back and Dwelley has stepped up and made some plays, I'd rather take the long view here. A healthy and rested Kittle entering the playoffs would spell disaster for the rest of the NFC. Give Kittle 3-4 weeks off and let him heal up.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, N4L said:

The problem is, that is clearly not the case. I will say it again, he has a groin injury, a knee injury, and an ankle injury. The knee is an mcl sprain, which means there is a tear, which means we could potentially lose him for the year if he gets hit the wrong way.

Where are you getting your info? Just today, I'm reading nothing more about a groin or ankle issue.. and 

The tight end's MRI revealed his knee is "good."

https://www.sfgate.com/49ers/article/George-Kittle-injury-fantasy-knee-play-this-week-14811630.php

"On #49ers TE George Kittle, who went down on Thursday night: 'Knee is good,' source said," Rapoport tweeted. "Sounds like the MRI confirmed the minor ailment coach Kyle Shanahan had hoped for."

So, what is the real deal???

100.webp?cid=790b7611785794ae612192d4522

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

Where are you getting your info? Just today, I'm reading nothing more about a groin or ankle issue.. and

LOOK U, SHUT UP. 

If you read from more sources throughout the day, you would learn that there IS more smoke than that one lil dinkitty source u enclosed. 

Get it together, and learn!!!!

( gamesmanship FTW !!!! )

• Like 2