Minor Niner News Thread

y2lamanaki

11 hours ago, Justone2 said:

A few years back i would have absolutely hated to even think about having Sherman on our team. Now i am weirdly pleased he may sign with us. Weird how times change.

The way I see it, Sherman has never really hated the niners, not any more than he probably "hates" the Cards or the Rams. We were rivals in the division, and one of the 31 teams he competed against. But he did hate Harbaugh. If Jim was still our HC, there's no way he would have even considered us. But with Jim gone, we're just one of the 31 other teams he can sign for, and one of the three teams in the division that will give him a chance to stick it to the hawks twice a year.

As for us hating Sherman... personally, I didn't hate him any more than I hate a great player making a great play against us. He made me cringe when he addressed the camera and called Crabtree mediocre. I felt that just made him look like an ***. But it didn't really affect me too much. What I hated most about Sherman was that he played for the Seahawks. Not that I hate the Seahawks in general (I even liked them some during the Shaun Alexander/Matt Hasselbeck years), it's the Pete Carroll's Seahawks that I hate with a passion. So the fact that Sherman might feel disrespected by Carroll and Schneider and comes here so he can show them he's still worth that kind of money is actually quite exciting to me. I don't think he needs to address the camera and yell what he thinks of them after games, though. He should just give Carroll a death stare on the sideline throughout the games, after he's intercepted Wilson for the second time of the game and sealed the win for us!

Edited by rudyZ
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, big9erfan said:

Just had the odd thought that if we signed Jimmie Graham and drafted Denzel Ward then we could Ward and Ward in our defensive backfield and could enjoy wating the JG to JG connection.

Don't forget JG will be protected by JG on his OL as well.

44 minutes ago, rudyZ said:

The way I see it, Sherman has never really hated the niners, not any more than he probably "hates" the Cards or the Rams. We were rivals in the division, and one of the 31 teams he competed against. But he did hate Harbaugh. If Jim was still our HC, there's no way he would have even considered us. But with Jim gone, we're just one of the 31 other teams he can sign for, and one of the three teams in the division that will give him a chance to stick it to the hawks twice a year.

As for us hating Sherman... personally, I didn't hate him any more than I hate a great player making a great play against us. He made me cringe when he addressed the camera and called Crabtree mediocre. I felt that just made him look like an ***. But it didn't really affect me too much. What I hated most about Sherman was that he played for the Seahawks. Not that I hate the Seahawks in general (I even liked them some during the Shaun Alexander/Matt Hasselbeck years), it's the Pete Carroll's Seahawks that I hate with a passion. So the fact that Sherman might feel disrespected by Carroll and Schneider and comes here so he can show them he's still worth that kind of money is actually quite exciting to me. I don't think he needs to address the camera and yell what he thinks of them after games, though. He should just give Carroll a death stare on the sideline throughout the games, after he's intercepted Wilson for the second time of the game and sealed the win for us!

Yeah 100% this which is why i am pleased he signed with us while like 2/3 years ago i just wouldn't have liked signing him. Besides the hate of Pete Carrol he was the face and the voice of that team. I more hated the way he acted towards us and i feel a lot of that has to do with the rivalry between Carroll and Harbaugh and the fact Harbaugh didn't draft Sherman.

3 hours ago, DirtyJersey9er said:

Supposedly we had a trade agreed upon with Denver for Takin.  Talib rejected it saying he wouldn't report.

I hope we torch the Rams.

Where did you hear that? Barrows said we turned down a trade with them

I just read that Buffalo might interested in moving Cordy Glenn. Any thought about trading Arik for him if we are indeed not interested in re-signing Brown. Maybe we could even get a pick for him. There might be a contender out there interested in getting him even if for only one year.