Minor Niner News Thread

y2lamanaki

23 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Is this the Dwight Clark game?

Yep. I don't think they can reschedule it to the raiders or giants game either, I would imagine they are flying in a lot of former players etc

38 minutes ago, Gannon12 said:

It’s literally 50/50 as of now and you can tell he is pissed. I actually don’t care if he does. As long as we get Bosa and Herbert

Well, if he does trade Carr, the Raiders pick 1st, and the 49ers 2nd, I would say that you would not get both. You pick Herbert, we get Bosa. You pick Bosa, we auction #2 to the highest bidder.

5 minutes ago, y2lamanaki said:

Well, if he does trade Carr, the Raiders pick 1st, and the 49ers 2nd, I would say that you would not get both. You pick Herbert, we get Bosa. You pick Bosa, we auction #2 to the highest bidder.

Don’t destroy my hopes and dreams!!! It’s all I have as a Raider fan. It usually ends up in a sewer but I can still dream.

• Like 1

The last stat on the defense is pretty solid. Definitely think there are things that could be done in terms of adjustments to make it better, but they have been pretty solid the last two weeks. Again though, lack of pass rush will make it inconsistent. No reason why we shouldn't be a top 6-8 run defense team with our big front and Foster/Warner. They are starting to get a big more healthy so I think defensively we will at least look competent the rest of the way. 

15 minutes ago, y2lamanaki said:

The raiders would end up being the highest bidder, we take the bears pick, a second, plus a future first. 

Then when it comes time to make our pick we trade joe Staley and draft a tackle, because why simply fill a hole on our roster when we can make a lateral move to get a younger player at the expense of a first round pick?  

Or maybe we will draft another interior DLman, I hear that Oliver guy is pretty good LOL

9 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

The last stat on the defense is pretty solid. Definitely think there are things that could be done in terms of adjustments to make it better, but they have been pretty solid the last two weeks. Again though, lack of pass rush will make it inconsistent. No reason why we shouldn't be a top 6-8 run defense team with our big front and Foster/Warner. They are starting to get a big more healthy so I think defensively we will at least look competent the rest of the way. 

Yeah the D has improved over the weeks. Biggest problems where all the missed tackles and the mental lapses like the one we saw again first play last sunday. 

40 minutes ago, N4L said:

The raiders would end up being the highest bidder, we take the bears pick, a second, plus a future first. 

Then when it comes time to make our pick we trade joe Staley and draft a tackle, because why simply fill a hole on our roster when we can make a lateral move to get a younger player at the expense of a first round pick?  

Or maybe we will draft another interior DLman, I hear that Oliver guy is pretty good LOL

I really wouldn't have a problem with Oliver tbh. I would just want to know we're trying to move back into the first to grab Sweat, Allen or Ferrell. Someone. ANYONE at Edge. 

2 minutes ago, John232 said:

I really wouldn't have a problem with Oliver tbh. I would just want to know we're trying to move back into the first to grab Sweat, Allen or Ferrell. Someone. ANYONE at Edge. 

PPPPOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

Week 5 offensive line rankings are out from PFF. The 49ers rank 5th. Of course the stupid Rams rank 1st. 

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-week-5-nfl-offensive-line-rankings

Like I said earlier, that is the worst part about losing Jimmy G. I really believe if he didn't get hurt, the offense was going to really take off. He took a lot of unnecessary sacks vs Detroit, but he was still shook from the Vikings game. By the 2nd half of the Chiefs game he was back to doing Jimmy G type of things. What a devastating play man, things were about to change for this team. But really satisfied with the OL play this year. McGlinchey has been everything one could have hoped for. 

Another stat that is encouraging and disappointing at the same time:

Like our defense has been rock solid against the rush and for the most part against the pass but they can't create any turnovers. Big reason for that is obviously not generating enough pressure as that is what usually leads to turnovers. This defense isn't as far as some think. A legit pass rusher changes things in a hurry. 

57 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Like I said earlier, that is the worst part about losing Jimmy G. I really believe if he didn't get hurt, the offense was going to really take off. He took a lot of unnecessary sacks vs Detroit, but he was still shook from the Vikings game. By the 2nd half of the Chiefs game he was back to doing Jimmy G type of things. What a devastating play man, things were about to change for this team. But really satisfied with the OL play this year. McGlinchey has been everything one could have hoped for. 

Another stat that is encouraging and disappointing at the same time:

Like our defense has been rock solid against the rush and for the most part against the pass but they can't create any turnovers. Big reason for that is obviously not generating enough pressure as that is what usually leads to turnovers. This defense isn't as far as some think. A legit pass rusher changes things in a hurry. 

I would have traded 3 first round picks for Mack. I know Kyle said they went after him hard, but I wonder if they would have pulled the trigger on something like that. 

Financials probably wouldn't allow it though.

Edited by PapaShogun