NCAA Recruiting Thread

Kmart128

8 minutes ago, Oregon Ducks said:

5* C Kalel Ware to the Ducks! That makes 2 5*s committed to us for 2022. NIL and the Nike connection look to be giving us a boost.

Let’s go get Emoni and Cruz!

You guys need to get rid of that god awful basketball court. Also why hasn't Nike hooked up Oregon's basketball team with 35 alternate jersey's like they did during peak Oregon football? Would be so dope. 

XKLb3KKeg-FXjem6EZE7PUicZaLwOhRAffPmHTC6

10 minutes ago, Oregon Ducks said:

I don’t think we get him, though, but I hope we do. Make him an offer he can’t refuse, Nike.

I think there's a chance, I'd guess it's either Oregon or Memphis. With a lot of people jumping the gun for Memphis due to Duren's commitment. But Oregon is already going to be a top 10 team without him and with him you'd be a legit national title contender. Not to mention he can get an NFT deal with Philly and Tinker, lol. If he wants to win, Oregon provides a better opportunity to do it. If he wants that big Nike money in college and shoe deal post college, Oregon also provides that. 

For a player like Emoni, who kind of seems to be a little selfish, I could see him going to Oregon where he'd be the guy over going to Memphis where he'd co-star with Duren. 

• Like 2

https://247sports.com/player/jarace-walker-46059530/

Someone placed a crystal ball for Houston for 5* Jarace Walker.

Interesting.  If we get him and Arceneaux to go along with Emmanuel Sharp who is already commited.  Man oh man the 2022 Houston roster is going to be loaded.  Legit title contender. 

Edited by Texansfan713

On 8/11/2021 at 4:20 PM, NYRaider said:

I think there's a chance, I'd guess it's either Oregon or Memphis. With a lot of people jumping the gun for Memphis due to Duren's commitment. But Oregon is already going to be a top 10 team without him and with him you'd be a legit national title contender. Not to mention he can get an NFT deal with Philly and Tinker, lol. If he wants to win, Oregon provides a better opportunity to do it. If he wants that big Nike money in college and shoe deal post college, Oregon also provides that. 

For a player like Emoni, who kind of seems to be a little selfish, I could see him going to Oregon where he'd be the guy over going to Memphis where he'd co-star with Duren. 

I agree with him being a little selfish, but also I think Duren is the exact type of star he needs to play with.  Duren won't need the ball in his hands a lot as he plays with a Dwight Howard style so he can shine rebounding and put backs while Emoni fires from everywhere.  But also, his dad doesn't like him sharing the lime light, see Jaden Akins, so given that he may lean Oregon. 

On 8/9/2021 at 3:14 PM, NYRaider said:

You guys need to get rid of that god awful basketball court. Also why hasn't Nike hooked up Oregon's basketball team with 35 alternate jersey's like they did during peak Oregon football? Would be so dope. 

XKLb3KKeg-FXjem6EZE7PUicZaLwOhRAffPmHTC6

i might be in the minority but i like oregon's bball court design. 

• Like 1

On 8/16/2021 at 9:29 AM, Oregon Ducks said:

Emoni is visiting Memphis on Wednesday and Oregon on Friday.

Something to note is that Memphis starts classes on August 23rd so Emoni would have to enroll by the 26th in order to be eligible. While Oregon starts classes on September 27th, so he'd have more time. If he's going to Memphis he'll basically have to announce it this weekend. 

I can see the allure of Memphis but realistically Oregon is where he should go, especially if he has to stay for 2 years. 

Edited by NYRaider
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Texansfan713 said:

if he is prefers not finishing 2nd in the conference and not winning a national title he should go to oregon. 

@Oregon Ducks

I can understand why he'd potentially want to play at Memphis with Duren but Duren is going to leave after his freshman season. Assuming the rules don't change does he really want to be playing at Memphis for 2 years, especially without Duren in year 2? Probably not. 

If he goes to Oregon, who's already projected a top 10 team without him, he'd have an immediate chance to compete for a national title. Oregon also has a really strong 2022 class and would be primed to have another top 10 team during his sophomore season. 

At the end of the day going to Oregon gives him a better chance to win now, more flexibility, and a chance to play with a better team/for a better coach in a power conference. At Oregon, assuming the rules don't change, he can realistically play two years there and have a chance to compete for a championship in both years. 

If he got to Memphis I really think he'd stay one year and then end up playing in the G-League for a year before entering the draft. 

ETA: LOL at you think Memphis would finish 2nd in the AAC with Duren and Bates. They'd easily win the conference and have a shot at a national title. 

• Like 1