Draft Rumors

goldfishwars

You all assume that CLE actually likes more than 1 of these top QB prospects. They may dislike Darnold and Allen, hate Mayfield and Rudolph, love Rosen, and prefer Jackson Day 2. They might like Falk in Round 3 more than anyone. We don't know what their board looks like.

10 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

You really want josh Allen or baker at 1?

Darnold/Rosen/Mayfield. Whomever Dorsey thinks is best. I'd prefer Mayfield, but I want to see some confidence shown in one of them.

One running back isn't going to win you anything in this day and age. I don't think Chubb is at the same level as Garrett. Give me a QB that you believe in.

51 minutes ago, Don Roshi said:

Darnold/Rosen/Mayfield. Whomever Dorsey thinks is best. I'd prefer Mayfield, but I want to see some confidence shown in one of them.

One running back isn't going to win you anything in this day and age. I don't think Chubb is at the same level as Garrett. Give me a QB that you believe in.

You’ll get Allen and you’ll like it! 

Really though i think the 3 you mentioned are day 1 starters, that Tyrod trade doesn’t make sense unless they want Allen. Which is fine. I think Allen could be a stud if he sits a year.

On 3/9/2018 at 11:24 AM, Kip Smithers said:

If teams are gonna pass on Rosen because essentially he sounds too mature then NFL teams are dumber than I thought. I have never understood this insatiable need for players, most notably QBs, to hide their personality. Why do people prefer false humility over real honesty? 

Rosen is gonna make some teams look like fools.

I think it's a shade more than that too (and we were hearing it about him while he was still at UCLA).  If you're not familiar with what it actually is, I'll PM you, since it's not really something Webby feels comfortable with being discussed on the site.  But I agree, in an effort to "not anger their owners" some teams are going to look foolish for passing on Rosen (and I don't even think Rosen is going to be outstanding, but he's capable of being what Matt Ryan's been or somewhere close).

Just now, bigbadbuff23835 said:

You’ll get Allen and you’ll like it! 

Really though i think the 3 you mentioned are day 1 starters, that Tyrod trade doesn’t make sense unless they want Allen. Which is fine. I think Allen could be a stud if he sits a year.

Best case scenario, the rookie QB wins the job from Taylor at some point. Whether it be during preseason, or sometime during the season. Taylor has a reputation of being a consummate professional, so a good guy to have.

A 3rd is a high price to pay for just that, but it's well worth avoiding a McCarron/Kizer/Rookie scenario that I was dreading.

1 hour ago, Don Roshi said:

The jags would like a word with you about that granted they had a great defense but I mean it was really just fournette on offense

1 minute ago, LinderFournette said:

The jags would like a word with you about that granted they had a great defense but I mean it was really just fournette on offense

Fournette averaged 3.9 per carry in the regular season. He also wasn't missed when he didn't play. I'm not discounting having a good running game, but injuries happen to RBs, so investing a lot into one running back isn't smart.

This is also a deep draft when it comes to running backs. Grab one in the second.

25 minutes ago, Don Roshi said:

Fournette averaged 3.9 per carry in the regular season. He also wasn't missed when he didn't play. I'm not discounting having a good running game, but injuries happen to RBs, so investing a lot into one running back isn't smart.

This is also a deep draft when it comes to running backs. Grab one in the second.

have u met a qb whos the most hated qb i guess of all current starting qbs?  

2 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

You really want josh Allen or baker at 1?

2 hours ago, Don Roshi said:

Your answer just highlighted why Barkley 1.1 and QB 1.4 might be the way CLE goes.   You can't separate between those 3 but have them in the same tier.   Dorsey might lock into 1 guy, but what if he's fine with any of those 3?    Then taking Barkley 1.1 and getting a guy you're happy to get makes total sense.

If Dorsey really wants only 1 QB, I get it.  But these 3-4 tiered answered point to why Barkley 1.1 / QB 1.4 is more than possible.   Your own answer shows why QB might go 1.4.

9 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Your answer just highlighted why Barkley 1.1 and QB 1.4 might be the way CLE goes.   You can't separate between those 3 but have them in the same tier.   Dorsey might lock into 1 guy, but what if he's fine with any of those 3?    Then taking Barkley 1.1 and getting a guy you're happy to get makes total sense.

If Dorsey really wants only 1 QB, I get it.  But these 3-4 tiered answered point to why Barkley 1.1 / QB 1.4 is more than possible.   Your own answer shows why QB might go 1.4.

Every NFL organisation that Dorsey has been a part of hasn't taken a RB in the first two rounds. As a GM, the highest pick he's spent on a RB was a 3rd (on K.Hunt).

Dorsey is paid to separate the QBs. You shouldn't be fine with one of three. I hope we take a QB at 1-1. Any other position, I get trying to be cute. QB is a position you shouldn't get cute with.

8 minutes ago, Don Roshi said:

Every NFL organisation that Dorsey has been a part of hasn't taken a RB in the first two rounds. As a GM, the highest pick he's spent on a RB was a 3rd (on K.Hunt).

Dorsey is paid to separate the QBs. You shouldn't be fine with one of three. I hope we take a QB at 1-1.

Again, though, this is a very unique situation - teams rarely get to choose 2 top 5 picks.   If CLE only had 1 pick, they'd go QB no doubt.   This is unchartered territory.  Dorsey has never gone RB because when faced with a priority, he's gone elsewhere, having to decide between guys and needs.   He doesn't have the same concern.   

Still, it's a good argument - just we're in a situation never seen before.    

12 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Again, though, this is a very unique situation - teams rarely get to choose 2 top 5 picks.   If CLE only had 1 pick, they'd go QB no doubt.   This is unchartered territory.  Dorsey has never gone RB because when faced with a priority, he's gone elsewhere, having to decide between guys and needs.   He doesn't have the same concern.   

Still, it's a good argument - just we're in a situation never seen before.    

Dorsey recently stated that the 5 most important positions are 1. QB, 2. Edge rusher, 3. CB, 4. LT, 5. WR.

We have one of those positions sorted out long-term. RB would be a luxury pick we can't afford. Even with two top 4 picks.

1 hour ago, Don Roshi said:

Dorsey recently stated that the 5 most important positions are 1. QB, 2. Edge rusher, 3. CB, 4. LT, 5. WR.

We have one of those positions sorted out long-term. RB would be a luxury pick we can't afford. Even with two top 4 picks.

So I'm guessing you expect them to go QB and either Minkah Fitzpatrick or Denzel Ward with their other pick?

Archived