Draft Rumors

goldfishwars

2 hours ago, Broncofan said:

FWIW our beat reporter Klis gave his top 5 (in no specific order).   Notable are that Allen there and Rosen isn’t.   And no Nelson. 

In no specific order - Mayfield, Darnold, Allen, Barkley, Chubb.  

Klis pretty much acts as the DEN mouthpiece.   Now this could clearly be all smokescreen.   But that’s scary if it’s not a smokescreen the chances of DEN-Allen are really high at 1.5.   Ugh.  

A little surprised that there's no Ward there. I had read some rumors that they really loved him. I guess just not at #5. 

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

A little surprised that there's no Ward there. I had read some rumors that they really loved him. I guess just not at #5. 

I suspect he’s one of the targets (with Vea) if we move back to 1.12 (and 1.22).  But yeah not at 1.5.

4 minutes ago, dgr81 said:

NFL Scout to Dan Patrick

• Browns down to Mayfield or Allen at #1
  • NYG ownership likes Barkley, everyone else likes Darnold
  • Jets like Rosen or Darnold

So that mean Darnold is going #1, NYG will settle for Barkley with Darnold gone and Mayfield is going to be a Jet.  That's how I read that.  Draft rumors, lol.

1 hour ago, dgr81 said:

Interesting that Pauline has 2 TE's going in the first round, and Hayden Hurst isn't one of them.

Mayock had Hurst as his #1 TE.

I agree with Pauline on the TE's. I am not that high on Hurst. Gesicki and Goedert are better players with considerably higher upsides as receivers. Hurst is a good all-around player, but doesn't have the same kind of juice that the other two do as receivers. Goedert is a good blocker with an insane catch radius. Gesicki won't block a soul, but has excellent physical talent and can play as an outside WR even. Hurst is a savvy route runner that is average as a blocker and as an athlete. The upsides of Gesicki and Goedert are just simply higher than Hurst's. And Hurst is old for a rookie.

1 hour ago, Broncofan said:

I suspect he’s one of the targets (with Vea) if we move back to 1.12 (and 1.22).  But yeah not at 1.5.

The chances of Ward being there around pick #12 are somewhere between 0% and 1%. Oakland would sprint to the podium if he managed to fall all the way to them somehow.

Ward is worthy of a top 5 pick IMO. He's an elite athlete with unbelievable technique in press man coverage. He's a willing tackler. He's got ball production. He's got experience playing press zone/man and off zone/man. Rare for collegiate CB's to have that experience. He's small, but not nearly as small as he's being made out to be. This isn't Tye Hill.

2 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

The chances of Ward being there around pick #12 are somewhere between 0% and 1%. Oakland would sprint to the podium if he managed to fall all the way to them somehow.

Ward is worthy of a top 5 pick IMO. He's an elite athlete with unbelievable technique in press man coverage. He's a willing tackler. He's got ball production. He's got experience playing press zone/man and off zone/man. Rare for collegiate CB's to have that experience. He's small, but not nearly as small as he's being made out to be. This isn't Tye Hill.

I think 12 is about Ward’s floor - OAK is so unpredictable with Gruden at the wheel.   I’m surprised he hasn’t dealt the pick for a 30 year old guy TBH.   If I were to guess I’d say 8-12 range is where he ends up.   Could see a team trade up to leapfrog others though.  

BTW, while a ton of Rudolph-Pats buzz has been popular, have to mention this tidbit.   Frankly, while I think the Pats will just stick to their big board, if there was one guy they'd move into the early teens for, it's Lamar.

49 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

I think 12 is about Ward’s floor - OAK is so unpredictable with Gruden at the wheel.   I’m surprised he hasn’t dealt the pick for a 30 year old guy TBH.   If I were to guess I’d say 8-12 range is where he ends up.   Could see a team trade up to leapfrog others though.  

Honestly I forgot all about the Gruden factor. Plus I'm pretty sure Ward is like 21-22 years old. Way too young to be an impact player for Jon Gruden. Is there a Brandon Weeden or a Danny Watkins in this year's draft class?

4 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Honestly I forgot all about the Gruden factor. Plus I'm pretty sure Ward is like 21-22 years old. Way too young to be an impact player for Jon Gruden. Is there a Brandon Weeden or a Danny Watkins in this year's draft class?

LOL I hear you on Weeden/Watkins.

I think we'll see 4 QB's go in the first 7-8 picks.  Nelson/Chubb/Barkley should accompany them.  After the top 7, I think we'll see Ward/James/Minkah and Smith/Edmunds get serious consideration.    And Lamar will get some love from a team afraid that MIA/ARI will consider him, given how QB is hyped (and more importantly, how much 2019's QB class is just ugly to depend on at this stage).  Just impossible to know how it all shakes out order-wise.

25 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Hayden Hurst with the tenth pick 

1 hour ago, Broncofan said:

I’m surprised he hasn’t dealt the pick for a 30 year old guy TBH.

41 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Plus I'm pretty sure Ward is like 21-22 years old. Way too young to be an impact player for Jon Gruden. Is there a Brandon Weeden or a Danny Watkins in this year's draft class?

15 minutes ago, Counselor said:

Hayden Hurst with the tenth pick 

giphy.gif

Funny stuff coming from Browns and Broncos fans.

Archived