Cowboys off season - training camp is almost here!!!

WizardHawk

2 hours ago, Desperado82 said:

Jags declined to pick up Fowler's 5th year as well. 

I hadn't realized the 5th yr option for Fowler was $14m...otherwise I was thinking this was a really strange decision considering the season he just had. 

20 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

Madness I say. Madness.

Eih. Not really.

For years I thought Dez would be a C. I know he was the most passionate. But seeing All-or-Nothing kind of changed that thought for me. It is clear we don't understand the internal dynamics. Heath is a ST guy who worked his butt off to be able to take advantage of an opportunity to start.

But I guess this begs the question - who are your six captains?

1. Dak
  2. Beard
  3. Lee
  4. Crawford
  5. Money
  6. ????

2 hours ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Eih. Not really.

For years I thought Dez would be a C. I know he was the most passionate. But seeing All-or-Nothing kind of changed that thought for me. It is clear we don't understand the internal dynamics. Heath is a ST guy who worked his butt off to be able to take advantage of an opportunity to start.

But I guess this begs the question - who are your six captains?

1. Dak
  2. Beard
  3. Lee
  4. Crawford
  5. Money
  6. ????

Agree with the first 5.

If the report on Heath is true, then I believe the last spot comes down to him, Martin, Tank or even Byron Jones.

1 hour ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Are...you just trying to pick the best players per unit? I can pretty much assure you that Crawford will be a captain if he isn't cut. And in all his years here LP has never been a C and won't start now.

I would hope DLaw is in that discussion and ready for the next step. He's worked hard to get to this point. Outside of tenure I see no reason why he shouldn't or wouldn't be in the mix. Barring the unforeseen, he's probably going to outlast Crawford. Would say the same for LP. He's only the longest tenured Cowboy, beat out all comers, survived Parcells and multiple coaching changes thereafter,, and been perfect at his job for a decade plus. What in the world has he done to not garner some serious consideration?

4 hours ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

Heath single-handily won 2 games for us .

C'Mon. Not even QBs do it by themself. There is a small chance Safety Heath ever truly won us a game. Made a big play during a big moment? Sure.

One of the main questions and aspects of intrigue - with the dust from the offseason re-building finally settling - has got to be: Are the coaches up to the challenge?

IMO, this has put almost all pressure for next season's success, onto the staff responsible for offensive scheming and gameplanning. Sure, Dak will inherent some of the burden for this being a "Dak friendly" endeavor, but the offenisve brain-trust are the ones making a conversion that will either sink or float, and conversely the scheme and personnel will either stay or go.

See, before, the team has had success and has produced under a certain formula and with a core group of players [I know, Capt. Obvious here).

However, we havent really seen what we have in store this year... it will be a break in whatever "control" there was to this Dallas Cowboys Offense experiment. 

I almost feel like this is a less drastic version of a Chip Kelly coming to town... 

Instead of just asking "What will dak look like in absence of Romo, what will these other backs do without Murray, how will Romo to Dez play wuth better OLine/more time, etc...

Now it is what the hell is the offense gonna look like? And will Linehan and Garrett actually be revolutionary, or will they miss the whole point of my post? Lol

16 hours ago, J Shank said:

One of the main questions and aspects of intrigue - with the dust from the offseason re-building finally settling - has got to be: Are the coaches up to the challenge?

IMO, this has put almost all pressure for next season's success, onto the staff responsible for offensive scheming and gameplanning. Sure, Dak will inherent some of the burden for this being a "Dak friendly" endeavor, but the offenisve brain-trust are the ones making a conversion that will either sink or float, and conversely the scheme and personnel will either stay or go.

See, before, the team has had success and has produced under a certain formula and with a core group of players [I know, Capt. Obvious here).

However, we havent really seen what we have in store this year... it will be a break in whatever "control" there was to this Dallas Cowboys Offense experiment. 

I almost feel like this is a less drastic version of a Chip Kelly coming to town... 

Instead of just asking "What will dak look like in absence of Romo, what will these other backs do without Murray, how will Romo to Dez play wuth better OLine/more time, etc...

Now it is what the hell is the offense gonna look like? And will Linehan and Garrett actually be revolutionary, or will they miss the whole point of my post? Lol

We are anything but revolutionary on offense at this point. I'd compare our team to the Carolina Panthers team who went to the Superbowl couple years ago. Strong run-game, gadget play-action, below average NFL talent at WR(subject to change during the season because im on the Gallup bandwagon since the draft process started) and a strong defense.

Everyone knows what our game-plan will be, but only few might have the personnel to stop it. Jags, broncos etc.

Dak can really get under the skin of most defenses when he does have a great run game going. Very elusive when the pressures not on him every single play.

I  think Dak & Zeke have natural chemistry to make plays happen when things break down. With Zeke's focus not mainly on football last season & him ending up missing time I think we lacked that aspect last season.

18 hours ago, DaBoys said:

C'Mon. Not even QBs do it by themself. There is a small chance Safety Heath ever truly won us a game. Made a big play during a big moment? Sure.

Alright, none of our DB's have yet to do that still.

I'll roast a player when he deserves it but I won't discount a player when he shows up.

1 hour ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

Alright, none of our DB's have yet to do that still.

I'll roast a player when he deserves it but I won't discount a player when he shows up.

Fwiw, and this doesn't have anything to do with captain cause he isn't old enough, but I'm fairly certain we will all feel comfortable saying Chido is our best DB by the end of the year. He was way better than I thought when he finally got on the field. J.Lewis is going to be our ball hawk. 

Archived