2018 NFL Combine (measurements in OP)

goldfishwars

4.40 on the dot for Barkley.

Man I have been anti-Barkley at #1 for a while now, but as time moves along, I'm starting to believe that Barkley is worth it. And I'm beginning to realize all of these QB"s are good. I'd be happy with any of the top 5 QB's to be honest. My hierarchy is Rosen/Darnold/Mayfield/Allen/Jackson. Chances are pretty darn high that we could get Rosen or Darnold if we took Barkley at #1. I'm starting to come around to the idea of locking down Saquon.

1 minute ago, Rodjahs12 said:

I’d be at least somewhat concerned a kid like that will eat himself out of the league. I’m not trying to **** on him for being big, I’d just hope a guy that size would realize how important it is for him to look the part in drills that show off his cardio. I wasn’t even the one who initially called him lazy. The report did.

He's been on a diet given to him by former NFL OL Jammal Brown. You shouldn't worry about his diet more than any other prospect. 

...and...what report? Since when does a Matt Miller or Marcus Mosher tweet count as a report? Those are just guys with bad opinions and a platform

30 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

His knee injury is what gets him questioned. Had he not blown out that knee, I think he's getting 1st round consideration.

He was never explosive enough to go in the 1st round. I really do like him and he's my targeted RB if we don't get Saquon Barkley at #1 or #4, but I wouldn't want him in the 1st round even before the injury. He doesn't have long speed and really never did have that kind of NFL breakaway speed. He's going to be a very good starter that will maximize whatever the OL allows him to get. 

I don't care how great a prospect Barkley is, the Browns, who have been passing up on QBs for the past decade, not just using this #1 pick on a QB would be absolute lunacy... Unless they truly have a 4 way tie at the top of their QB big board, then it'd be acceptable as Barkley may not be around at #4 but obviously 1 of your 4 QBs would be. 

It's just so interesting that they never "really like" or "fall in love" with a QB prospect. It seems to have spanned different FOs as well, which makes it truly odd. Sounds like they're terrified of putting all their marbles in one basket and committing to just 1 guy, which is essential.

11 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

I think CLE doesn't feel strongly enough between Allen/Darnold/Rosen to risk losing Barkley.   I think they are getting AJ McCarron due to Hue's irrational love for him as a placeholder, and then they're fine with whoever is left at 1.4 - which in my books, is easily Allen (highest physical tools, great ceiling...and a bust ceiling, which for a top 5 pick, no thanks.....but which even DEN and Elway are vulnerable in making that call IMO).  But getting a QB and Barkley looks like their priority, and I don't see 1.4 him being there, at this rate.  This is a historic, unseen physical profile, which is noteworthy - but it's in combination with elite, sustained performance in the Big 10.   

I totally devalue RB, it's the most replaceable position, but this is elite, HoF-ceiling, generational talent (and even then he's not a 100 percent lock to succeed, no RB is)...I can see why CLE would fall in love and not risk losing him with 1.1, given they know they'll at worst get Allen at 1.4.

Sorry but the underwear olympics isn’t going to convince Dorsey to take Barkley over Darnold.  Franchise qb or franchise rb?

Btw last I heard Dorsey was already wondering how to explain to the media why he would pass on Barkley at 4. At number one ain’t happening. 

Ok one annual slow down the excitement post done. Many more to go. Carry on 

1 minute ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

I don't care how great a prospect Barkley is, the Browns, who have been passing up on QBs for the past decade, not just using this #1 pick on a QB would be absolute lunacy... Unless they truly have a 4 way tie at the top of their QB big board, then it'd be acceptable as Barkley may not be around at #4 but obviously 1 of your 4 QBs would be. 

It's just so interesting that they never "really like" or "fall in love" with a QB prospect. It seems to have spanned different FOs as well, which makes it truly odd. Sounds like they're terrified of putting all their marbles in one basket and committing to just 1 guy, which is essential.

We’ll take one at one, book it. 

1 minute ago, IDOG_det said:

He's been on a diet given to him by former NFL OL Jammal Brown. You shouldn't worry about his diet more than any other prospect. 

...and...what report? Since when does a Matt Miller or Marcus Mosher tweet count as a report? Those are just guys with bad opinions and a platform

The tweet yeah. Report was the wrong word.

Im rooting for Orlando too. I just wouldn’t put my full faith in a diet when he get his first big paycheck and his day to day life isn’t what it was in college. I’m not saying any of this is going to happen, but his weight is a valid concern especially with him testing so poorly.

27 minutes ago, IDOG_det said:
35 minutes ago, CalhounLambeau said:

There are some great articles about him where he talks about his dad, growing up, coming to Oklahoma and having no idea how to take care of his body at the beginning. He's a very honest guy. One of the few players in this class you can get a really good read on. 

@TheRealMcCoy this is why I said there aren't character issues with him. Being the son of a former high profile NFL player has kind of put his entire life out in the open.

That makes sense

1 minute ago, IDOG_det said:

4.41 for Barkley

4.53 for Chubb

Good times for them

I thought Barkley would come in close to 225. Then he comes in at 6'0" and not 5'11" and 233 and not 228. That time is great for him. The silly college time that made the hype build up unrealistic aside. 

Just now, CalhounLambeau said:

I thought Barkley would come in close to 225. Then he comes in at 6'0" and not 5'11" and 233 and not 228. That time is great for him. The silly college time that made the hype build up unrealistic aside. 

He'll still get an inflated pro day. 4.37 or something like that.

Archived