2018 NFL Combine (measurements in OP)

goldfishwars

5 hours ago, goldfishwars said:

I know people expected Brown to perform badly, however his numbers are still historically interesting.

That bench press number is pretty alarming.  Sometimes OL have relatively poor BP numbers if they are tall with long arms (easier to get higher rep with compact chest/arm), but that's less than the WR historical average...

1 minute ago, sp6488 said:

That bench press number is pretty alarming.  Sometimes OL have relatively poor BP numbers if they are tall with long arms (easier to get higher rep with compact chest/arm), but that's less than the WR historical average...

I don't expect powerlifter type bench numbers from the OL, but 14 reps is just garbage.

1 minute ago, marshawn lynch said:

Can someone explain to me why Jackson isn't doing any of the athletic stuff??? That seems like the stuff that would set him apart

Perhaps trying to drive home the point he's here as a QB and nothing else.  

1 minute ago, marshawn lynch said:

Can someone explain to me why Jackson isn't doing any of the athletic stuff??? That seems like the stuff that would set him apart

Apparently he feels his tape shows that, he wants to show his passing ability as that’s what folks seem to question.

Can’t say I blame him, I don’t need to see a 40 time to know he’s fast enough to play the position.

1 minute ago, Jlowe22 said:

I don't expect powerlifter type bench numbers from the OL, but 14 reps is just garbage.

It really is.

If nothing else it shows the kid hasn’t spent much time in the weight room. A guy his size should be able to roll out of bed and knock out 20 reps imo.

9 minutes ago, marshawn lynch said:

I think if anyone has watched him at all, they don't need to see the athletic stuff. Seems pretty obvious he's head and shoulders above everyone else in that department.

3 minutes ago, Jlash said:

I think if anyone has watched him at all, they don't need to see the athletic stuff. Seems pretty obvious he's head and shoulders above everyone else in that department.

Yes but it would still be nice to run that stuff. It's not like he has to put a lot of effort for him to prepare for the athletic drills. Might as well go out and show it. I see putting focus on throwing but at the same time he is such a natural athlete that he doesn't need to put a lot of effort into preparing for the athletic part and could still focus on throwing

Archived