2018 NFL Combine (measurements in OP)

goldfishwars

1 hour ago, BleedTheClock said:

I don't think he ever left that discussion. I think draftniks undervalue him while NFL GM's are going to love him. He's going in the top 10 regardless of what he runs.

If us draftniks undervalue him, it's because we've been watching where safeties get drafted recently. 

Jamal Adams was projected to go top three, fell to six.

Malik Hooker was projected to go top six, fell to fifteen.

Eagles fans complained bitterly about all of those mock drafts that had Landon Collins going #20 (because his coverage ability was so lacking, lol).  He fell to the second round. 

It is very common for safeties to fall further than they should in the draft. 

2 minutes ago, IDOG_det said:

@MSURacerDT55 I know you love Josh Jackson but he is struggling HARD in these drills. He has no clue how to backpedal. Looks like he's never backpedaled before.

Jackson has his issues for sure. As I stated earlier, I think he has to be in a zone scheme. Jackson is going to be exposed at the next level if he is put on an island.

His 40 isn't good and his bench is pathetic, but I thought Jordan Thomas looked good in the W drill

Davontae Harris has some impressive plant and go quickness. I think he could be a good safety. Pretty jacked too.

Carloton Davis looked good in the W too. Jaire looked the best.

Carlton Davis has stone hands.

Tony Brown making some $$$$$

Just now, PossibleCabbage said:

Is there literally any result of the bench press for a cornerback that should affect our estimation of the player?.  I'm okay with any CB who puts up between 0 and 6,000 reps.

based on my exhaustive studies, definitely maybe.

9 minutes ago, IDOG_det said:

@MSURacerDT55 I know you love Josh Jackson but he is struggling HARD in these drills. He has no clue how to backpedal. Looks like he's never backpedaled before.

I don't love him, I just think he's going to be a good value. I see the same thing, he looks terrible but I need to know why, he almost looks reluctant to even go through

3 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

His 40 isn't good and his bench is pathetic, but I thought Jordan Thomas looked good in the W drill

Davontae Harris has some impressive plant and go quickness. I think he could be a good safety. Pretty jacked too.

Carloton Davis looked good in the W too. Jaire looked the best.

Carlton Davis has stone hands.

Tony Brown making some $$$$$

-Thomas got benched this year and Oklahoma ended up rolling with a pair of freshman corners by season's end because the group they started the season with were so bad. Thomas is a less than stellar athlete to boot.

-Harris is the top FCS corner for a lot of people. I still like guys like Taron Johnson, Danny Johnson, and Siran Neal (working out with the safeties but is a hybrid guy who has played all over) above him. Still a decent prospect but had up and down moments in the toughest conference in the FCS. 

-Carlton Davis only has one INT the last two years. Hands were never a strength for him.

-Tony Brown is a hell of an athlete, just has never been all that great at actually playing football. Does contribute on special teams though so that helps.

based on my exhaustive studies, definitely maybe.

I mean, Fred Smoot had one rep and he was all right (well, on the field, not on boats, possibly elsewhere.)  Bench at the combine is mostly a test of "did you know where the weight room is, and have you been inside?" and for some positions I think "no" is an acceptable answer.

15 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I mean, Fred Smoot had one rep and he was all right (well, on the field, not on boats, possibly elsewhere.)  Bench at the combine is mostly a test of "did you know where the weight room is, and have you been inside?" and for some positions I think "no" is an acceptable answer.

How did this get quoted as me saying it?

Archived