2018 NFL Combine Talk

G08

3 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Official times dont mean anything.  Truthfully its the scouts stopwatches is all they pay attn to.  Its also interesting Ward ran the 40 which he knew he would do well and then skipped all the positional drills.

It's electronically timed if I'm not mistaken.

4 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Its also interesting Ward ran the 40 which he knew he would do well and then skipped all the positional drills.

It's not just Ward doing this, looking at the 3sigma website (the guys who do the SPARQ numbers), seriously over half of the people who you'd be most interested in seeing SPARQ breakdowns for are incomplete because they skipped one or two events...

In some cases, (like Vita Vea) there was an excuse provided (hamstring pull in his 40).... but others I get the feeling are being coached by agents to purposely skip events and or keep themselves from a full SPARQ metric.

31 minutes ago, Epyon said:

It's not just Ward doing this, looking at the 3sigma website (the guys who do the SPARQ numbers), seriously over half of the people who you'd be most interested in seeing SPARQ breakdowns for are incomplete because they skipped one or two events...

In some cases, (like Vita Vea) there was an excuse provided (hamstring pull in his 40).... but others I get the feeling are being coached by agents to purposely skip events and or keep themselves from a full SPARQ metric.

Im not even talking about the testing, which you are 100% correct about agents, im taliking about the things you do in practice everyday and being side by side competing with the other top guys in the class.  How do you tweak your ankle where you can run a fast 40 but cant do position drills.  Why do you think Darnold didnt throw?  He didnt want to be throwing in the same group as Josh Allen, bc Allen makes everybody else look bad in comparison.  Ward clearly doesnt want to compete against Jackson, Alexander, and Hughes.

41 minutes ago, G08 said:

It's electronically timed if I'm not mistaken.

The unofficial times are electeonically timed.  Nobody seems to know what goes on with the official times and really they are just for fans.  Teams dont care about them and dont use them

So im getting caught up on the drills from the weekend.  Currently watching the qbs & wrs.  All the talk is about Ridley, but the 2 guys im going to stand on the table for are DJ Chark and Courtland Sutton.  Chark fits this offense perfectly and could be a better Ted Ginn.  Courtland Sutton just is making all of these drills look easy.

For all those saying Josh Jackson had a poor combine you can pound sand.  Top Performer in every test at the combine besides the 40 attacked the football better than everybody there in the drills.  He had an issue with the w drill, which largely stems from he doesnt typically backpedal, but uses a side saddle technique, but in the hip flip drill even tight hipped, he was able to just turn and go.  Other results than the 40 for those interested.

38" vert

10'3" broad

4.03 ss (that's insane)

6.86 3 cone

People saying JJ had a bad combine are just exhibiting confirmation bias.

1 hour ago, Superman(DH23) said:

For all those saying Josh Jackson had a poor combine you can pound sand.  Top Performer in every test at the combine besides the 40 attacked the football better than everybody there in the drills.  He had an issue with the w drill, which largely stems from he doesnt typically backpedal, but uses a side saddle technique, but in the hip flip drill even tight hipped, he was able to just turn and go.  Other results than the 40 for those interested.

38" vert

10'3" broad

4.03 ss (that's insane)

6.86 3 cone

People saying JJ had a bad combine are just exhibiting confirmation bias.

We get it you love Josh Jackson lol.  He's a good prospect.  Settle down.

1 hour ago, topwop1 said:

Ha I just find it funny how people get so defensive over some prospects..

Fixed my post, IDK what the heck happened. Can't copy and paste a link I guess. lol

I get it though, we all have our favorites and we can get a bit heated about them. I am VERY guilty of it.    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Archived