Could Muhammad Wilkerson Reunite with Mike Pettine?

Bob Fox

15 minutes ago, ArthurPensky said:

Bombay, Bro.

FWIW, Tom Silverstein says in this podcast he thinks they'll let Wilkerson walk today and test the market so they're not negotiating with themselves.  http://www.packersnews.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/2018/03/08/packers-podcast-countdown-free-agency/406444002/ 

How do they know what other teams offer? Does it have to come out to the league? 

2 minutes ago, Burnett42 said:

How do they know what other teams offer? Does it have to come out to the league? 

Mo's agent.... If Mo wants to sign here, he'll give us a chance to make the offer better 

23 minutes ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

If they let Wilkerson out of town, they'll be negotiating with themselves all right. :|

yeah that's not how FA works Tom S.  You make an offer if you want the player, and the agent has usually already called all the teams on the visit list for their basic "framework" of the deal so you are never negotiating against yourself.

27 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

yeah that's not how FA works Tom S.  You make an offer if you want the player, and the agent has usually already called all the teams on the visit list for their basic "framework" of the deal so you are never negotiating against yourself.

That's what I was thinking... He doesn't need to go anywhere for a feel of what other teams are thinking how value is...

Some of these"professionals"...I tell ya what.

3 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

That's what I was thinking... He doesn't need to go anywhere for a feel of what other teams are thinking how value is...

Some of these"professionals"...I tell ya what.

It's part of the game sometimes, fellas. Same reason Gutey and Clifton went to Houston and DC  to sit in a respective hotel room before getting a contract from GB.

Archived