Michael Bennet somehow traded to the Eagles. What the heck.

Kiwibrown

4 hours ago, Tyty said:

I wouldnt want him if he was the greatest player of all time in his prime on a vet minimum deal. Can't stand him. 

Agreed..man I'd hate to be a fan of a team he is on. Such a POS human being..

49 minutes ago, jarren said:

I'll take him on the Falcons any day of the week. I have a feeling he ends up here (DQ connection). Beasley Bennett Jarrett Takk on passing down watch out!!!

hes a pos, past his prime and theres better options out there. i dont want guys on the falcons who dives at guys knees  cause theyre salty theyre losing. Plus he costs a draft pick, 

19 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

hes a pos, past his prime and theres better options out there. i dont want guys on the falcons who dives at guys knees  cause theyre salty theyre losing. Plus he costs a draft pick, 

He just put up 8.5 sacks playing on a torn plantar-fascia in his foot. He might not be in his prime but hes still really good. What better option is out there that can provide what he does for his a salary comparable to his? As for the draft pick I doubt he'll cost anything significant.

4 minutes ago, Oregon Ducks said:

How is he a POS?

i can think of two specific instances of hom diving at guys knees in a non football manner. both have been when its clear they would lose, im guessing theres more examples but i can only remember those.  

Dont know his contact situation on how much it is but the guy is far from wash up ,for the right price i will love him to be a Raider,but with us moving to a 4-3 i don't know where would we play him my guess in the middle 

2 hours ago, jarren said:

He just put up 8.5 sacks playing on a torn plantar-fascia in his foot. He might not be in his prime but hes still really good. What better option is out there that can provide what he does for his a salary comparable to his? As for the draft pick I doubt he'll cost anything significant.

define really good, i mean, at the top end that was his prime. hes not really good anymore, hes 32, coming off a foot injury and in the year prior he dealt with injuries while racking up 5 sacks in 11 games. hard to say what guys will get, but murphy, richardson and wilkerson are all pretty clearly better options. theres also bound to be guys getting released and id most like to address through the draft, getting an overpaid lockerroom distraction on the decline kinda lessens the liklihood of that happening.

I remember being angry we missed out on him in Chicago and then threw a sizable deal at Lamarr Houston to try and get Bennett-lite.

Love his talent, but he and his brother just aren't worth the headaches. Two guys think they are intellectuals but are just f***ing stupid...

40 minutes ago, Oregon Ducks said:

How is he a POS?

He could be called a POS strictly off his detainment. He made the claims him being detained was just racially motivated, and played the victim KNOWING it was a lie. Claiming excessive force and that his life was threatened as well. I believe it was the next days his lawyers, people who are ACTUALLY intelligent, immediately debunked that nonsense before the bodycams footage was released. 

I will take Richardson over him because of his age but once you said " overpaid & lockerroom distraction" you lost me there because wilkerson was overpaid and then quit on his team soon as he got his money barely showed up for meetings and was a lockerroom distraction and i heard Richardson was a problem to in the lockerroom.Murphy had one good year if you ask me ,so i can't see where any of them are clearly better then Bennett

1 hour ago, GSUeagles14 said:

define really good, i mean, at the top end that was his prime. hes not really good anymore, hes 32, coming off a foot injury and in the year prior he dealt with injuries while racking up 5 sacks in 11 games. hard to say what guys will get, but murphy, richardson and wilkerson are all pretty clearly better options. theres also bound to be guys getting released and id most like to address through the draft, getting an overpaid lockerroom distraction on the decline kinda lessens the liklihood of that happening.

Except Bennett isnt overpaid for what he brings, thats just silly. You should take a look at his salary and compare it to players around the leauge. We will not be able to find anyone who can bring what Bennett does for his salary. His deal is extremley team friendly. His 8.5 sacks last season would have been the 2nd most on the team behind Clayborn who had 9 and 6 of those came in one game. 

As for the better options. Ill give you Richardson who we cant afford but Murphy and Wilkerson?

First off Murphy cant play DT, hes had more than 4 sacks once in his career and is coming off an ACL injury. He isnt replacing Takk or Beasley at end on passing downs so where do you see him playing exactly? 

You want to talk about a toxic player? Wilkerson is just that. Signed his extension and then literally stopped trying and constantly showed up late to meetings or missed them all together. Jets released him so he wouldn't be a toxic influence around the young players. 

Ontop of that theres a really good chance both Wilkerson and Murphy get paid more than Bennett does. 

We're losing alot of players on the dline, so far Shelby, Poe and Clayborn most likley follow. We don't have alot of money to spend in FA and its going to be hard able to fill up the dline with talented players through the draft considering our other needs. 

Bennett makes sense from a talent, production, need and cap perspective. Another nice thing about acquiring Bennett is we will most likley be able to keep the incoming 3rd or 4th round pick for Poe instead of using that similar amount of money on a FA and losing that pick.

Lastly as for all this locker room distraction stuff. Other than that one report saying the Seahawks want to "quiet down the locker room" that came out a few days ago, has there ever been a mention of Bennett being a distraction? Not one player or coach has said Bennett, or any player has been an issue in the locker room. If you have proof, please offer it up.

Archived