Anime and Manga Thread.

Supersuavesky

• 2 weeks later...

Funimation's app for streaming is not that great, but my wife and I did start a few new animes (mainly because the app crashed so we switched to watching on Netflix).

Kanata no Astra - Teens on a space camp trip get transported out into deep space. Can they survive and make it back. Way more light hearted feeling than you'd think, kind of to it's detriment. But it's fun.

Saiki K: Reawakening - It was more hit or miss than the the original Saiki K. Not bad but not great, probably get back to it at some point in time.

Cells at Work - It's odd and educational as it teaches how the body works. We watched 3-4 episodes straight, I'm not sure I'm going to be able to do that again, but I do want to get back to it because it is interesting and unique. I like the art for it as well.

• Like 1

On 3/16/2020 at 2:20 PM, SwoleXmad said:

I would say the storyline is great, where it ends sets up an interesting season 4 but I did not like the ending. 

It wasn't bad it was just....oh boy.

I totally understand what you're talking about with not liking the ending. It has issues like Season 2 but at least that wrapped up its main storyline. Also

[/spoiler]

That Alucard storyline was definitely an oh boy for me. Almost the same feeling with Hector's ending.

Edited by Xenos

On 2/11/2020 at 5:33 AM, Tetsujin said:

I'm waiting for the English dub to drop before I watch Season 3. Amazing show.

Just finished Season 4 while waiting for My Hero Academia episodes to finish uploaded on Cruncyroll. I was surprised how much I liked it after my initial reaction. It's a little more consistent than My Hero Academia and the season's formatting made more sense. I still have issues with their food reaction but I just accepted it at this point. Needless to say, it's not something I watch with my wife.

8 hours ago, The Gnat said:

Funimation's app for streaming is not that great, but my wife and I did start a few new animes (mainly because the app crashed so we switched to watching on Netflix).

Kanata no Astra - Teens on a space camp trip get transported out into deep space. Can they survive and make it back. Way more light hearted feeling than you'd think, kind of to it's detriment. But it's fun.

Saiki K: Reawakening - It was more hit or miss than the the original Saiki K. Not bad but not great, probably get back to it at some point in time.

Cells at Work - It's odd and educational as it teaches how the body works. We watched 3-4 episodes straight, I'm not sure I'm going to be able to do that again, but I do want to get back to it because it is interesting and unique. I like the art for it as well.

Haha Kanata no astra......you'll love the ending.

Cells at work is like the one weird show David Studios did outside of Jojo's this decade. 

55 minutes ago, Xenos said:

Just finished Season 4 while waiting for My Hero Academia episodes to finish uploaded on Cruncyroll. I was surprised how much I liked it after my initial reaction. It's a little more consistent than My Hero Academia and the season's formatting made more sense. I still have issues with their food reaction but I just accepted it at this point. Needless to say, it's not something I watch with my wife.

Fruits Basket season 1 if you want something with the wife, it is a fun watch. Dub if possible because it's great 

1 hour ago, Xenos said:

I totally understand what you're talking about with not liking the ending. It has issues like Season 2 but at least that wrapped up its main storyline. Also

[/spoiler]

That Alucard storyline was definitely an oh boy for me. Almost the same feeling with Hector's ending.

It was some massive shifts. I liked they went big and bad but I also would've liked the other direction with Alucard but I guess they had to set up the Dracula parallels. 

Edited by SwoleXmad
  • Like 1

On 4/13/2020 at 5:20 PM, SwoleXmad said:

Haha Kanata no astra......you'll love the ending.

Cells at work is like the one weird show David Studios did outside of Jojo's this decade. 

We wrapped Kanata no Astra, I called one of the twists, but definitely didn't the big one at the end. Overall, I thought it was pretty interesting.

Haven't gotten back to more Cells at Work yet.

Since I'm WFH, I'm trying to watch Eureka Seven right now, but Funimation's app sucks.

• Like 1

Since Funimation's app sucks I'm not watching Akame Ga Kill!

Pretty decent, too much fan service, but I feel like there's an interesting story and interesting characters under all of it. I think even without it ending in "Kill" it would remind me a bit of Kill la Kill. Over the top, odd plot but interesting, a lot of fan service.

I finished watched Akame Ga Kill!, it was pretty good. Had more of a Code Geass feel to it, less of an edge lord character feel to it, but was kind of odd how it ended up with everything, the main character is the main character but also not in the long of the show and the future of the world. It was decent, less about the heroic aspect than it kind of felt like it was going to have at the start.

2 minutes ago, The Gnat said:

I finished watched Akame Ga Kill!, it was pretty good. Had more of a Code Geass feel to it, less of an edge lord character feel to it, but was kind of odd how it ended up with everything, the main character is the main character but also not in the long of the show and the future of the world. It was decent, less about the heroic aspect than it kind of felt like it was going to have at the start.

I just saw it refreshing how

they werent afraid to kill off characters, very unlike most anime

1 minute ago, Deadpulse said:

I just saw it refreshing how

Reveal hidden contents

they werent afraid to kill off characters, very unlike most anime

Yeah, I thought that was quite interesting in how they did that. And I thought it worked pretty well, but ended up being used a few to many times in my opinion.